PDA

View Full Version : What mods for 870P

Ga Shooter
09-30-09, 10:41
I just purchased a 870P from another member on this site and was wondering what mods need to be done. I will be using it primarily for 3 gun competition but will be a back up gun if needed. I know I will need tube extensions and different sights and a side saddle but which ones will work best for what I want to do? As always thanks for the help.

Matt2124
10-03-09, 22:25
I just purchased a 870P from another member on this site and was wondering what mods need to be done. I will be using it primarily for 3 gun competition but will be a back up gun if needed. I know I will need tube extensions and different sights and a side saddle but which ones will work best for what I want to do? As always thanks for the help.

While I don't know much about the 3 gun world. I'd say a good sling too, and maybe a light if using it as a "bump in the night" gun as well.

Tube Extension: Wilson Combat (no issues with mine)
Sights: Vang Comp with rail. Its a ghost ring set up with a tritium front post
Side Saddle: I dont remember which one mine is but Mesa Tactical makes good stuff.
Sling: Giles Wilderness Sling (comfy, easy to use, and carries the weight of the gun well...but not as "tacti-cool" as some other slings out there)
Light: Surefire
Extras: Vang Comp over sized safety

On a side note after Hurricane Ike when my 870 got rained on bad and I was unable to clean it up like I should due to our working conditions at the station I sent my shotty off to Vang Comp for some work. It then traveled to Robar for Roguard/NP3 coating. The turn around time at Robar was LONG, but well worth it. The time at the Vang Comp shop was quick, the staff was great, and I got exactily what I wanted. The gun smithing from Vang Comp in my opinion was superb and I now have an awsome shotgun I just am lacking on getting to training courses right now for the shotty cause the patrol carbine is all the craze. If you chose to use the services at Vang Comp I believe you can sleep easy cause they treated me like their only customer every time I called or emailed them. They took alot of time with me and did great work.

Hope this helps
Matt

toddxtyboy
10-05-09, 15:10
While I don't know much about the 3 gun world. I'd say a good sling too, and maybe a light if using it as a "bump in the night" gun as well.

Tube Extension: Wilson Combat (no issues with mine)
Sights: Vang Comp with rail. Its a ghost ring set up with a tritium front post
Side Saddle: I dont remember which one mine is but Mesa Tactical makes good stuff.
Sling: Giles Wilderness Sling (comfy, easy to use, and carries the weight of the gun well...but not as "tacti-cool" as some other slings out there)
Light: Surefire
Extras: Vang Comp over sized safety

On a side note after Hurricane Ike when my 870 got rained on bad and I was unable to clean it up like I should due to our working conditions at the station I sent my shotty off to Vang Comp for some work. It then traveled to Robar for Roguard/NP3 coating. The turn around time at Robar was LONG, but well worth it. The time at the Vang Comp shop was quick, the staff was great, and I got exactily what I wanted. The gun smithing from Vang Comp in my opinion was superb and I now have an awsome shotgun I just am lacking on getting to training courses right now for the shotty cause the patrol carbine is all the craze. If you chose to use the services at Vang Comp I believe you can sleep easy cause they treated me like their only customer every time I called or emailed them. They took alot of time with me and did great work.

Hope this helps
Matt

i'd love to see pics of that NP3 coated 870!

Ga Shooter
10-05-09, 21:31
Thanks that helps a lot.

Matt2124
10-06-09, 14:10
i'd love to see pics of that NP3 coated 870!

Its Roguard on the outside and internals are NP3. If I had the pic capabilities I would surly put one up but sadly I'm behind on my technology right now and cant post any pics sorry.

Matt