PDA

View Full Version : new Wilson Combat 6.8 offerings

ccoker
10-01-09, 14:08
got an email from Bill a few moments ago...
cool

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/h_hog3.asp

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-01-09, 18:20
Look nice. I'm sure the antis would have a cow about a hunting rifle with night vision and a suppressor.

11 inch SPR? Kind of off nomenclature?

Whose rail is that? Makes me thing of a Troy rail?

I would have named one of the models "Bacon".

rightwingmaniac
10-01-09, 19:52
you dont happen to know the type of chamber or twist rate these rifles have do you?

wilsoncombatrep
10-01-09, 20:26
Guys,
The Boss is really excited about 6.8! This info is up kinda early, and the link is to a "pre-press" web page that is still under construction[ yup, it should, and will read SBR for the Short Barreled Rifle, not SPR ].

The rails used are Wilson Combat rails, built by us. The chambers on the mid-lenght "recon" 16" and 18" in barrels are looking like they will be Stainless, 4 groove/1-11 twist with Spec II chambers.

But understand, we are still setting out features, so don't be surprised if there are changes. The one thing will not change is that WC is building 6.8 SPC AR's, and they will shoot great:D, ........the Boss will make sure of it;)

mark5pt56
10-01-09, 21:22
Please keep us updated on this. The 16" is what I would be interested in, we would like to see more detaied pics and information on the parts and pieces used to build it. The pricing will be a key point for alot of us.

A big concern I saw on AR15 is that DPMS is making the barrel? I would recommend that any rumors, etc are put to rest to avoid the mills turning too fast.

From what I see so far-put a true QD slot on that rail and make a 2" one and also make a small QD only attachment. Troy has mucked up in that regard and as I've followed it, has no desire to fix it.

Cold
10-01-09, 22:08
Please keep us updated on this. The 16" is what I would be interested in, we would like to see more detaied pics and information on the parts and pieces used to build it. The pricing will be a key point for alot of us.

A big concern I saw on AR15 is that DPMS is making the barrel? I would recommend that any rumors, etc are put to rest to avoid the mills turning too fast.

From what I see so far-put a true QD slot on that rail and make a 2" one and also make a small QD only attachment. Troy has mucked up in that regard and as I've followed it, has no desire to fix it.

I took care of those potential rumors.

Tyler and Bryan Payne shoot DPMS barrels with out issue, they shoot more than 90% of people posting on either site.... one is going to the AMU Jan 2010... I think I'd take their word over some random on the internet.

mark5pt56
10-02-09, 05:31
I took care of those potential rumors.

Tyler and Bryan Payne shoot DPMS barrels with out issue, they shoot more than 90% of people posting on either site.... one is going to the AMU Jan 2010... I think I'd take their word over some random on the internet.

That's good, you know how the rumor mill goes.

It was alot of speculation as to what is being used, that can be a negative to some if you don't know.

BLACK LION
10-02-09, 11:04
Things just keep getting better for the 6.8x43

ccoker
10-02-09, 14:29
get on the 68forums, you will see the data that Bill just did shooting some hogs and testing the 110g TTSX barnes

he emailed me the info, but if you are really interested in the 6.8, register and check it out..
pretty impressive and why I continue to use the 110g TTSX for mine

Littlelebowski
10-02-09, 14:39
I wouldn't be surprised if the 6.8 DPMS barrels are good kit. Most folks in the know agree that the .308 DPMS rifles are excellent guns. I know I like mine.

rightwingmaniac
10-02-09, 18:59
get on the 68forums, you will see the data that Bill just did shooting some hogs and testing the 110g TTSX barnes

he emailed me the info, but if you are really interested in the 6.8, register and check it out..
pretty impressive and why I continue to use the 110g TTSX for mine

i took this hog with the 110g tsx barnes last sat. he was just over 100 yards. check out my pic!!! 400+ lbs.

LockenLoad
10-02-09, 19:07
i took this hog with the 110g tsx barnes last sat. he was just over 100 yards. check out my pic!!! 400+ lbs.

it's tiny can you make it bigger, please

rightwingmaniac
10-02-09, 23:47
it's tiny can you make it bigger, please

come on now, youre starting to sound like my girlfriend!!! j/k

im workin on it.

BLACK LION
10-03-09, 10:46

im workin on it.HAAHHAHAHAAAA

Dont be so HARD on yourself.. :)

ccoker
10-05-09, 09:21
nice, I have killed a number of deer and hogs with my 6.8 and the barnes 110 tipped tsx

liaisons
10-05-09, 23:18

im workin on it.

Not gonna lie... I lol'd :D

wilsoncombatrep
10-15-09, 15:26

We have done testing with DPMS barrels and while they worked fine with most loads, we are using a different vendor for our stainless match grade barrel blanks, made to our specs that shoot a wide variety of loads exceptionally well. We are turning the profiles ourselves, in our shop.

BSHNT2015
10-19-09, 16:34
I like it, now to save money.;)