PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P556 pistol

Detective_D
10-01-09, 22:45
Ok, I have a buddy that comes to my desk today asking about this gun. Does anyone know anything about it and I am guessing it is pretty new from what I have read so far. So, does anyone know about the reliability of said pistol as well? I have no idea about anything pertaining to AR pistols, so I thought I would see what you guys think about this thing, so I could let him know what I found out.
~D

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=62&productid=245

blhar15
10-03-09, 08:25
I have had one and I know other people that have also. They are fun to shoot and are reliable. The only complaint I have about them was the weight. The Sig556 platform is just heavy, especially front heavy. I ended up selling mine and going with the new LWRC PSD pistol.

VooDoo6Actual
10-03-09, 10:23
I have had one and I know other people that have also. They are fun to shoot and are reliable. The only complaint I have about them was the weight. The Sig556 platform is just heavy, especially front heavy. I ended up selling mine and going with the new LWRC PSD pistol.

Good analysis and spot on.

Detective_D
10-06-09, 13:01
Ok..thanks for the info. I will pass that on to him.
~D

eternal24k
10-11-09, 20:59
I bought one of the first batch, like mentioned, the 556 is front heavy, I would not own a full length, but the 556P is nice (i went to a cut 551 hg to even things out). It was my first SBR, and it is a joy to shoot, I had Bill Springfield work the trigger, and it is smoooth :D
I went 750 without cleaning or lubing before breaking down and cleaning it, I wanted to see how it would do being a piston and all :rolleyes:
I only had 4 FTFs, it was a sub zero day, and i used grease, so when i dropped the bolt on a new mag, it didnt bring it all the way home.
Heres a pic with my current setup, also has a Griffen charging handle. I am waiting for an aftermarker 55x lower
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z152/eternal24k/002-7.jpg