PDA

View Full Version : New Heinie Sights sight picture?

Ga Shooter
10-03-09, 17:58
I have never shot a 2 dot sight before and I purchased and had installed a set of Heinie straight 8's. I finally got to the range today and played with it some and what I thought was the correct sight picture had me shooting low and to the left. I was shooting a 8" paper plate at 10yds. All my shots were on the plate just not the center. When I put a playing card on the the plate I was hiting it about 1/2 of the time. I lined the twon dots on top of one another and the center of the target on top of the front dot. When I tried to cover the center with the front dot it brought my shots up but my consistency went down. Maybe I just need more practice? What sight picture do you use for 2 dots? Gun is Glock 21SF 3.5# connector. Thanks.

theJanitor
10-03-09, 18:20
my sight picture is the same for sights WITHOUT dots. center the post between the rear blade, and the top of the front sight is level with the top of the rear sight.

shooting to the left (or right) has nothing to do with the straight 8's, unless they're not regulated properly.

theJanitor
10-03-09, 18:23
directly from the Heinie.com website:

http://www.heinie.com/images/s8big2.JPG

Ga Shooter
10-03-09, 22:33
Thank you Janitor!! I got so concerned about the 2 dots that I actually forgot about The Fundamentals. I agree shooting to the left has nothing to so with the sights unless the 'smith did not install correctly but I have known him for a long time and he does great work. Thanks for the reminder and the pic. That should fix my problem.:D