PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for Input

tinman44
02-21-07, 20:12
I'm torn. I want a colt LE6920 but they are hard to come by, in fact I can't find an average price. There are some here and some there but the prices differ so much I dont know what to think. I am a private citizen with no criminal history and a desire to shoot stock class competition if any. Mostly I just want one cuz I have the money and I can. I'm in atlanta ga and looking for a colt that I "must" have. I basically want to know differences outside of price between colt LE6920 and it's similar model made by rock river.

1)Where can I get a colt besides the few dealers in GA?
2)Can I order a colt with a Knight ris or ras front guard?
2)a. is it difficult to install front guards myself?
3)What takes place or how difficult is it to order on the internet and have rifle sent to local dealer?
4)Is there anyone here who can provide input on the H&K 416 or if its availble to private sector?
5)What are some of the red dot sights people like or use, I would like an acog but they seam expensive though top of the line?
I've been trying to research this all myself on the net and I have found forums are always the best place for real peoples input and not some salesmans pitch. I'm looking forward to your answers and spending countless hours reading this forum

disclaimer: I may edit this post

kbi
02-22-07, 13:30
Colt only huh?

#1 Dont know Sorry any one in GA.
#2 Probably not / more then likely no . Handguards shouldnt be a problem unless your installing a free float rail then .
#3 Its not hard at all to buy online . I do it all the time (too much as of late)Best thing is to buy from someone reputable store and that has earned respect of other's like the vendor's here .

Step 1 contact your local FFL and ask them if they can do a transfer for you
Step 2 If the receiving dealer says alright e-mail/call the seller and exchange info such as the recieving dealer's name and your contact info and payment and get the mailing address so your FFL knows were to send a signed copy .

Then wait a couple day's .

#5 EOtech's 552 and Aimpoint Comp M2's and ML2 series are good quality product's . I have yet to encounter a EOtech 553 or Aimpoint M3 yet :(

Have you given thought to a STAG M4 for starter's .

C4IGrant
02-22-07, 16:02
I'm torn. I want a colt LE6920 but they are hard to come by, in fact I can't find an average price. There are some here and some there but the prices differ so much I dont know what to think. I am a private citizen with no criminal history and a desire to shoot stock class competition if any. Mostly I just want one cuz I have the money and I can. I'm in atlanta ga and looking for a colt that I "must" have. I basically want to know differences outside of price between colt LE6920 and it's similar model made by rock river.

1)Where can I get a colt besides the few dealers in GA?
2)Can I order a colt with a Knight ris or ras front guard?
2)a. is it difficult to install front guards myself?
3)What takes place or how difficult is it to order on the internet and have rifle sent to local dealer?
4)Is there anyone here who can provide input on the H&K 416 or if its availble to private sector?
5)What are some of the red dot sights people like or use, I would like an acog but they seam expensive though top of the line?
I've been trying to research this all myself on the net and I have found forums are always the best place for real peoples input and not some salesmans pitch. I'm looking forward to your answers and spending countless hours reading this forum

disclaimer: I may edit this post

There is a HUGE difference between a Colt 6920 and a RRA anything. So if you want mil-spec weapon, get the Colt. If you don't care, then there are about half a dozen better AR's (IMHO) out there than RRA.

ACOG's are nice, but unless your going to spend most of your time shooter 200-300M's I wouldn't get one.

Transfers are easy and usually cheap (dealer should only charge you $20-$30 for the transfer).

C4

Razorhunter
02-22-07, 16:10
Get the Milspec Colt. There is NONE better.

I have no idea why on earth you would want to order from anywhere other than the local dealers in GA, when we have one of the nations BEST, CHEAPEST dealers who specialize in 6920's. Clydes Armory out in Athens.
The ONLY other place I would consider buying a 6920 is Specialized Armament Warehouse, from Ken, and honestly, he is a bit more expensive than Clydes....
NO reason to order outside of GA, wait all that extra time, and pay extra $$ too... Don't you want to handle the weapon you will be buying first????

PS,
Update your profile so we can see what city you are from... It helps us provide you with helpful info...

tinman44
02-22-07, 18:22
Colt only huh?

Have you given thought to a STAG M4 for starter's.

not 100% decided yet

i'm not really a collector and dont think i'll own more than one, so basically dont want to buy a "starter" to fix up and trade in. however i havent decided on company i'll look into stag.