PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to BRAS

SiGfever
10-04-09, 08:01
BR Addict Society

(AKA…M4Carbine.net Forum)

Welcome to BRAS, our directors make sure we all have a safe place to discuss our problems and seek help from other members.

Have you had any signs of the sickness yet? Telling your wife or girlfriend that you have to run to the office, instead heading to the gun shop so you can stare at the AR’s in the case? Do you feel yourself reaching for the credit card in your wallet while on a gun dealer’s web site, or spending hours on multiple Forum sites trying to decide which one to buy next?

Knowing that you have a problem is the first step in getting better.

Hell, who am I kidding, there’s no hope for our illness!  :p

Safetyhit
10-04-09, 10:37
Hell, who am I kidding, there’s no hope for our illness!  :p

Going broke ought to do it.

markm
10-04-09, 10:57
What are you saying?

tirod
10-04-09, 20:39
Going broke is just a preliminary phase - selling your other guns, knives, and tac gear to pay for more parts is just a symptom. Spending hours on the net rather than watching a Ken Burns series isn't a disease, nor is scheduling vacation days just to attend a gun show.

No, being a BR Addict is far, far worse.

I started with a harmless flirtation with HK's. Bought one in the '70's when most real men hated the AR, and real soldiers carried FNFAL's. Little did I know that was just the gateway into much more abuse and a complete loss of will.

Now, I've sunk to this - logging into forums, stacking Shotgun News in the bathroom, surfing web sites, bookmarking, downloading .pdf's, even posting.

Worse, I read other posts.

What is going to happen in January 2010 that will be the historic moment in the AR's journey?

Adoption of the T95 piston upper?
Wholesale endorsement of the 6.8 SPC?
The release of the TDP to the American People by means of the FOIA?
Caseless ammunition?

Ah, the highs of anticipation.

And in February, the descent into depression and withdrawal . . . until the next rumor, product introduction, wildcat, or importation of exotic paraphernalia?

Or, is Black Rifle Syndrome actually living, and the tedium of mundane life, the clock punching slog of work the real evil we suffer?

The morning mindless commute thru a sea of schooling motorists groping to their numbing, dispirited occupations shuffling paper or tweaking consumer egos?

Are we the zombies deceived, plotting our own destruction already achieved?

Ahh, screw this, go shooting. Bust a cap for those who can't.