PDA

View Full Version : AR10T Green Monster

KevinB
02-21-07, 22:17
Well after selling it to a buddy Dec 2005 - I bought it back in Dec 2006.

I am going to to replace the barrel with a 20" Novekse with a proper (rifle length) gas system not armalites too long system. And I am going to have the gas block pinned at the same time.

KAC 600m is with a buddy in Afghan.

S&B 4-16 is on the way
Green MIAD is in my spare parts bin - when i get back next leave it will go on.

and I need to talk to Grant about some small parts...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Weapons/Picture015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Weapons/Picture016.jpg

rhino
02-22-07, 12:49
Well after selling it to a buddy Dec 2005 - I bought it back in Dec 2006.

Is it safe to assume that yours functions pretty well?

KevinB
02-22-07, 15:14
well as well as any AR10 works...

As far as I been able to diagnose the stoppgaes have been mostly mag related.

Honeslty - I'd junk it for a Mk11

Voodoochild
02-22-07, 16:48
It looks well used.. As far as the MK11 is concerned not a bad weapons platform. I have seen a few lately and they are pretty nice but the price tag is what kills me..

Stump
03-01-07, 19:20
well as well as any AR10 works...

As far as I been able to diagnose the stoppgaes have been mostly mag related.

Not sure if you've tried them yet, but the new version mags are leaps and bounds better than the old ones, no comparison.

LukeMacGillie
03-01-07, 22:56
Do you really like that scope set up? Im getting ready to add a Dr Optic to my NSN Acog, and it just seems to me that at short range, dealing with just one POI offset is more than enough to deal with. Or IOW, putting the dot on the hairline is much better than putting the dot off in LALA land over the guys left shoulder

SHIVAN
03-02-07, 13:45
Sodomized the Stay-Puff Marshmellow Man, huh? :D

KevinB
03-02-07, 14:37
Ed, That guns been thru a bit - that Marshmellow man was tough

Luke -- I found its easier to roll the gun inboard to use the DocOp - so it works out to a hairline hold anyway (but with some funky zero ideas - as I hold it and we sit around and figure out if the bullet went here -- where should the dot go thing)
I liked the SIMRAD attachment as a good place for the Dr.
-- but apparently people better than I figured -- if your prone and need to engage close -- your likely rolling a bit too and the gun moving inboard is better (not sure if I buy it 100%) -- and of course the Larue mount basically forbids a 12' mount - without adding a lot of extra steel --

davemcdonald
03-02-07, 21:46
Kevin
I got my hands on a couple of Noveske's AR10 complete uppers with fluted barrels yesterday. To say that they were well-built pieces of equipment would be the understatement of the year. I really like the Noveske rail that was mounted on the uppers.
Thanks for the pics.

Dave

bones
03-23-07, 18:36
Noveske's AR10 complete uppers --

I thought about getting one of theses my self .... :)