PDA

View Full Version : So very proud of my 4yr old son!!

Gunfighter.45
10-04-09, 18:01
Just to share a little story with you guys. My wife had bought our kids a video game system that has about 200 games in it. Games like Duck hunt,Super Mario etc. The system came with a gun, fake of corse. Long story short the damn system didn't work. So I cut the cord from the gun so the boys could at least play with something. Anyways I'm working on the lawn mower when I hear my wife yelling my name. So I stop what Iam doing and go rushing inside and see her very pissed off face. Did you leave your gun on the couch??:eek: she asked. I said no way in hell. Well you better look again because your son said daddy left his gun on the couch. We went together and saw that it was the fake gun. Moral of the story is...instead of picking up the gun himself - our little one ran away and told his mom. We taught him whenever he sees a gun to run away and tell an adult. We were so proud of him!!!

bobby.lamberth
10-04-09, 18:03
That's Cute And Awesome. GO 4yr OLD!!! HAHA

RogerinTPA
10-04-09, 18:08
Good story, glad it wasn't a real gun to boot. Your son did good!;)

Safetyhit
10-04-09, 18:10
Good for that little fella. And you, of course.

My 5 year old loves his toy guns, but shows no interest whatsoever in holding or touching my firearms when they are out. Makes things a bit easier.

Still, one has to always be cautious.

Quib
10-04-09, 18:16
My wife We taught him whenever he sees a gun to run away.......

That’s the same thing Frau Quib tells me!

JK......good job on you Dad for training the lil‘ one right!

Quib
10-04-09, 18:23
My 5 year old loves his toy guns, but shows no interest whatsoever in holding or touching my firearms when they are out. Makes things a bit easier.

Still, one has to always be cautious.

Same with my two. They are 11 and 17 now, but growing up around guns, being allowed to shoot them supervised by me, the mystique quickly wore off. They don’t even bat an eye now when walking by one of my weapons.

It’s most often than not, the kids that are intrigued by firearms, with no prior exposure, that end up hurting themselves or others.

I, as my kids, grew up around firearms. Were taught at an early age to respect them and taught the rules.

CarlosDJackal
10-04-09, 21:53
That's what I call a "gunproof child"!! I always teach new gun owners that it is not nearly enough to just childproof your guns. But it is ultimately more important to gunproof your child.

HES
10-05-09, 21:04
Youve done a great job.

NavDoc
10-06-09, 16:10
That's awesome!
When we lived in Iowa, the NRA's Eddie Eagle came to my daughter's daycare!!
She came home with an NRA coloring book that teaches exactly what your son has done.
It's sad that the anti-gunners equate Eddie Eagle to Joe Camel...

dsmguy7
10-06-09, 22:22