PDA

View Full Version : New Build

Trefilov22
10-04-09, 18:51
No pictures yet, as I haven't had time today to assemble. I got a RRA Lower with the match trigger, and an Elite CL Upper with the EO Dominator2 attachment for a future EOTech holo sight...

My question is, what are the best mags for the AR? Are Magpul good? Any help would be appreciated. Also interested in slings or any other additions..

Thanks in advance!

Fire_Medic
10-04-09, 19:12
Let's start with slings as I have just gone through a few myself. What I will say here is that as with much of accessorizing firearms in general, slings are a VERY personal item. At the end of the day they all hold your rifle, but some are more comfortable than others and some are easier to manipulate. I have found to like the Viking Tactics VTAC sling for a 2 point on my mid length BCM rifle, but I REALLY liked the Magpul MS2 on a friends SBR (short barreled rifle). When I put my SBR together I will be running an MS2 with it. Other good slings, are the Blue Force gear VCAS slings, Boonie Packer slings, etc. You're literally just going to have to either buy a few and try them out, or see if your buddies have what you're considering and they can let you try it out.

As for mags I have Magpul PMAGS and a few USGI mags as well. None of either have ever given me any problems. If the internal parts are not worn and function correctly either one will serve its intended purpose.

You can get a good deal on your mags from Bravo Company USA as well as a few of the slings mentioned.

Hope this helps, I'm sure some of the more experienced guys will be along soon to add to my comments, or correct any if need be.

Welcome to the world of EBR's, it an addiction that grow daily. :D

Trefilov22
10-04-09, 19:36
Here is a photo...

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3336&d=1254703001

CGoodwin
10-05-09, 17:02
Plus one for the VTAC. Not as fond of the MS2 as others seem to be. Had one, carried three nights with it, and sold it. Too noisy, especially with the ASAP, and difficult to manage the clip on with one hand.

Trefilov22
10-05-09, 18:23
What kind of cool additions can I add to this? I am looking at the EOTech holographic sight for sure, but anything else in particular you all think? Let me know!

CGoodwin
10-05-09, 18:48
Eotech vs. Aimpoint is an interesting argeument. I love the battery life and ease of use of the Aimpoint, but the Eotech reticle seems more "idiot proof". Some people like the rail systems with the vertical forward grips, lights, lasers, etc. I put a Larue Tactical 13.2" quad rail on mine, requiring removal of the Front Sight Block and replacement with a low profile gas block to fit under the rail. I use Troy BUIS front and back with a Larue SPR-E mount holding a Horus Talon 1-4x scope. Additionally, there are many options for the buttstock depending upon your needs and likes.

Many people liken the M4 carbine to a Barbie doll for men. Once you start, the madness can take over. I would shoot it as is for a while, then determine your needs/wants/budget and go from there!

parishioner
10-05-09, 19:20
What kind of cool additions can I add to this? I am looking at the EOTech holographic sight for sure, but anything else in particular you all think? Let me know!

I would highly recommend reading this before anything else......http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28658

donnyblaze1
10-08-09, 19:53
I would highly recommend reading this before anything else......http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=28658
Good call, great post there.

Quentin
10-08-09, 23:16
Thanks for the link, that thread by rob_s is excellent.

Trefilov22
10-15-09, 22:53
Appreciate that responses!!!!