PDA

View Full Version : Nations Gun Show Chantilly, VA

Ak44
10-04-09, 18:57
Anybody go this weekend? I went today (sunday the last day) and scored black pmags $100 for 10. A magpul ACS stock, and two 308 South African Battle packs for $75 a piece.

heh2k
10-04-09, 21:50
I didn't go this time, but I go once or twice a year. Sometimes you can find good deals, but most of the time the prices are average. You can usually find some LE-only type ammo, like ranger T's or federal HST's. I've never found any 5.56 tap, unfortunately. You can get used AR mags for $8-10 and there's lots of misc AR parts. The thing that gets me is the admission fee. If there were no admission fee, it would make more sense to pickup ammo there.

Like anytime you're shopping, it's best to research prices before hand. Make sure you check ALL the tables before you make a purchase. I bought a 21sf and then saw it for $80 less at a table I missed the first time around!

Business_Casual
10-05-09, 07:15
Anybody go this weekend? I went today (sunday the last day) and scored black pmags $100 for 10. A magpul ACS stock, and two 308 South African Battle packs for $75 a piece.

Score! Awesome.

M_P

SHIVAN
10-05-09, 08:28
I've gone 3x in the last couple years, and have always been sorely disappointed. I usually inspect all the knife vendors for discontinued Benchmade knives. They are usually willing to deal on the old dusty inventory. The last time I went, I found nothing of interest - at all.

Littlelebowski
10-05-09, 09:19
We really ought to have more M4C NoVA get togethers.

civilian
10-05-09, 09:33
Missed it entirely this weekend, but agree with some of the comments that for the most part I usually fail to find any really good deals.

dwhitehorne
10-05-09, 12:12
I've gone 3x in the last couple years, and have always been sorely disappointed. I usually inspect all the knife vendors for discontinued Benchmade knives. They are usually willing to deal on the old dusty inventory. The last time I went, I found nothing of interest - at all.

I swore off the Nations Gun Show last year. The past few times I went were nothing special and the cost of admission would pretty much cover the shipping for an online order. I usually try to swing my VA Arms during the gun show now because there usually isn't as many tire tickers like me in the store :D David