PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Season!!!

M4arc
10-05-09, 12:26
Well folks hockey season started this fall and I need to call the cable company and order the NHL channel ASAP. So who are you cheering for this year? Here's my list:

NHL
1. Penguins
2. Caps
3. Lightening
4. Any Canadian team

AHL
1. Norfolk Admirals (Tampa's farm team)

NCAA
1. Boston University

and of course my son's hockey team :D

rifleman2000
10-05-09, 12:32
1. CAPS!!!

2. Anyone playing the Penguins. :p

Urabus23
10-05-09, 13:53
Penguins and the Wranglers of the ECHL:D

I hope the Coyotes are still around when I go down to AZ in December!

chavez_e_chavez
10-05-09, 13:58
ummm flyers , flyers and ummm flyers..

M4arc
10-05-09, 14:04
Penguins and the Wranglers of the ECHL:D

I hope the Coyotes are still around when I go down to AZ in December!

They'll be there because the league is going to continue to run them even though I think Jim Balsillie should be allowed to buy the team and move it to Ontario.

Urabus23
10-05-09, 14:18
They'll be there because the league is going to continue to run them even though I think Jim Balsillie should be allowed to buy the team and move it to Ontario.

I hope so because it's going to be the first NHL game that I attend!

M4arc
10-05-09, 14:22
I hope so because it's going to be the first NHL game that I attend!

They'll be there. Both bids by Jim Balsillie and the NHL were rejected by a judge last week so the current agreement is still in place. And now that the season has already started and schedules already set the league will keep the team afloat for the season.

Who are they going to play when you attend?

Urabus23
10-05-09, 14:28
They'll be there. Both bids by Jim Balsillie and the NHL were rejected by a judge last week so the current agreement is still in place. And now that the season has already started and schedules already set the league will keep the team afloat for the season.

Who are they going to play when you attend?

They'll be playing the Stars

Buck
10-05-09, 14:28
Kings....

johnclark075
10-05-09, 14:57
Pittsburgh Penguins!

GAST
10-05-09, 14:57
Please come and enjoy our Coyotes! They're a great team, and hopefully with Dave Tippet (Dallas Stars fame) we can finally take care of some business! Sorry to all the fans in Hampton, but the Coyotes do have some die hard fans. If they hadn't built that stadium at the ass-end of the cornfield people might actually go to a few games. Also sorry Buck, I hated to see the beating the Kings got for the season opener.:D

Voodoochild
10-05-09, 16:00
Pens for the repeat and Hossa sitting at home watching the pens hoist yet another Lard Stanley Cup.

WGG
10-05-09, 17:29
Bruins :cool:

HAMMERDROP
10-06-09, 00:38
I love all ice hockey but my team is something I will fight over!
So who wants to drop 'em?

Michael

Bravo30
10-06-09, 02:14
The Penguins.....and the Charlestown Chiefs.

Urabus23
10-06-09, 03:01
Please come and enjoy our Coyotes! They're a great team, and hopefully with Dave Tippet (Dallas Stars fame) we can finally take care of some business! Sorry to all the fans in Hampton, but the Coyotes do have some die hard fans. If they hadn't built that stadium at the ass-end of the cornfield people might actually go to a few games. Also sorry Buck, I hated to see the beating the Kings got for the season opener.:D

Look forward to going back to Jobing.com arena to see the Coyotes; I was there for Taste of Chaos and it was a nice building.

I watched the Coyotes Kings game on FSW and the Coyotes looked pretty good. They seem like an up tempo team that will put on a good show. BTW, the Wranglers are now affiliated with the Coyotes so we should be seeing some young talent over in Vegas.

Gutshot John
10-06-09, 09:49
Pens/Wings rematch. :D

cschwanz
10-06-09, 10:08
Detroit City!!!!!

Redwings are tops, if i had to pick a team in the East Id say Washington b/c i like Ovie and really want to root against the Pens. Im personally just glad the NHL is back, its been a long 3 months for me

GAST
10-06-09, 11:10
Thanks for the great info Urabus, I'll have to keep an eye out. Any info out there
on the Leafs this year? You east-coasters have any insight on "Canada's team"?

:confused:

crusader4x
10-07-09, 01:32
1. Flames
2. Blues
3. Caps

and, of course in Vancouver this year: USA USA USA!!!!!

NinjaMedic
10-07-09, 10:40
DALLAS . . . STARS! DALLAS . . . STARS!

WGG
10-07-09, 10:48
Even though I am a diehard Bruins fan since the Booby Orr days I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win the cup again before Modano retires. I have always enjoyed watching him play.

terminator04
10-07-09, 22:55
RED WINGS!!!

Bubba FAL
10-08-09, 00:51
Go Wings!

senorlinc
10-08-09, 20:52
Pros:

Flyers and Av's

no love for the Pens or anything from the NY/NJ area

College:

Pioneers (DU) and my old team, the Wildmen (UPenn club team)

And of course....I make my grand return (post injury) to my team (TSS) next monday night and rooting in spirit (and temporary exile in PA) for my old team in CO, Wiley's coyotes. will make my return for denver tourney in december

Voodoochild
10-09-09, 13:15
The Penguins.....and the Charlestown Chiefs.

Love those Charlestown Chiefs. Especially the triplets. Putting on the foil.

KiraX105
10-09-09, 15:40
In the East:
Let's Go Flyers! (season ticket holder btw)

In the West:
Let's Go Av's!

cobra90gt
10-09-09, 18:46
As usual, the Wings. :cool:

Terry
10-12-09, 14:57
There is a reason its called "Hockey town".
Go Wings!

crusader4x
10-12-09, 15:24
There is a reason its called "Hockey town".
Go Wings!

Because it sure ISN'T a FOOTBALL town these days. :D

Cueball1897
10-12-09, 16:24
Well folks hockey season started this fall and I need to call the cable company and order the NHL channel ASAP. So who are you cheering for this year? Here's my list:

NHL
1. Penguins
2. Caps
3. Lightening
4. Any Canadian team

AHL
1. Norfolk Admirals (Tampa's farm team)

NCAA
1. Boston University

and of course my son's hockey team :D

Lets go Caps!!!

I was an Admirals season ticket holder up until this year...things happend at work and had to cut the ticket out of the budget. I'll still catch a few games though. With my luck they will be good this year...

M4arc
10-15-09, 10:18
Lets go Caps!!!

I was an Admirals season ticket holder up until this year...things happend at work and had to cut the ticket out of the budget. I'll still catch a few games though. With my luck they will be good this year...

My son and I went to the game Saturday night and the Admirals won 2-0 over Manchester. It was good game. Afterwards my son skated with the Admirals for a little while. All in all it was a good day for hockey as my son's team won 5-2 earlier in the day.

The Caps seem to be struggling a little bit but I'm not concerned. They'll get it turned around shortly.

Meanwhile the Penguins are 5-0 on the road this season! They seem to play better on the road than they do at home.

So far I think we're seeing fantastic hockey being played!

Urabus23
12-27-09, 00:08
Look forward to going back to Jobing.com arena to see the Coyotes; I was there for Taste of Chaos and it was a nice building.

I watched the Coyotes Kings game on FSW and the Coyotes looked pretty good. They seem like an up tempo team that will put on a good show. BTW, the Wranglers are now affiliated with the Coyotes so we should be seeing some young talent over in Vegas.

I envy all of you in Hockey cities! I attended my first NHL game in Nov. and I wish I could go to more. We got lucky the because the Coyotes were on fire that night and scored a bunch of goals. The only disappointment was that Bissonnette wasn't playing...a fight would've been nice.

Might have to go back in April if they make the playoffs....

Bantee
12-27-09, 00:14
Dallas stars, up until last year we had Dallas' farm team in IA. Some great games!