PDA

View Full Version : Safariland Drop Flexible Adaptor

Rickenbacker53
10-05-09, 15:24

Anyone using this with their Tactical shroud? Does it drop the rig low enough? Appears the way to go if it works/

NCPatrolAR
10-05-09, 15:56
Why not just go with a 1.5" drop UBL?

Rickenbacker53
10-05-09, 16:25
Why not just go with a 1.5" drop UBL? I have one. Not the most Ideal for sitting in a vehicle. The shroud angles with your leg and this looks like it would drop it. Although the video at Safari indicates you have to leave your belt lose in order to get the lower shroud strap buckled. I was hoping someone has tried this.

scottryan
10-05-09, 18:30
tag for later

GIFFMANN
10-06-09, 12:15
Safariland is recommending that item for EDW weapons only. Not sure why that is.

Looking at the bolt pattern, you could probably just mount a holster body right to that piece to give more drop than a UBL but less than a 6004 shroud. Strap could be run behind the bottom bolt.

Rickenbacker53
10-06-09, 12:39
Safariland is recommending that item for EDW weapons only. Not sure why that is.

Looking at the bolt pattern, you could probably just mount a holster body right to that piece to give more drop than a UBL but less than a 6004 shroud. Strap could be run behind the bottom bolt. yeah me either. If you look at the video demo of the 6305 tactical holster it shows the shooter using one in the closeups. I can't see why there would be an issue with a gun/ Send me the link where you read that. I don't see it.

GIFFMANN
10-06-09, 22:52
yeah me either. If you look at the video demo of the 6305 tactical holster it shows the shooter using one in the closeups. I can't see why there would be an issue with a gun/ Send me the link where you read that. I don't see it.

They make the EDW statement in one of their catalogs. I'll have to find which one that was.

fourXfour
10-07-09, 01:48
I saw it first at Shot Show and the reps never mentioned EDW only

I picked one up through Copquest with the QLS mount already installed. I like the setup, I haven't really practiced with it much.

GLOCKMASTER
10-07-09, 05:05
The Safariland rep was in the office the other day and was talking about how it could be used with any holster setup. It seems like a decent piece of kit.

Rickenbacker53
10-07-09, 10:04
They make the EDW statement in one of their catalogs. I'll have to find which one that was. I spoke with Safariland yesterday. Guess I should have done that in the first place, opposed to wasting the forum's time.

I was informed that any 3 hole accessory works with another 3 hole accessory. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a holster or a shroud. While on the phone I asked (based on the information above), if the 6075 1 1/2 drop would work with the shroud. I was informed that there are staffers that have tried the setup that way. However it was not going to be marketed as such.

I have ordered the drop flex adapter and the 6075, so I guess I will find out. For a few bucks it couldn't hurt.