PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for courses to host at Brady, Tx???

ashooter
02-22-07, 09:19
Howdy everybody,

Just trying to plan for 2008 and wondered who you guys would be interested in training with at Brady besides Pat Rogers. I've been thinking about Larry Vickers and/or Tim Lau for handgun, and maybe Travis Haley (SIMPLYDYNAMIC INC) for carbine/subgun... Any other suggestions for mobile training outfits that you'd be willing to travel to Brady for? Brady's a bit off the beaten path, so I need a pretty good head count before I can try to get the class going.

BTW, we have plans to build some props (moveable "walls", barricades, etc) so we'll be able to do some more advanced courses next year. I think we can get Pat to do back to back 3 and 5 day carbine courses in '08. :D

We have limited time and funds (we aren't in this for the money, just the training) so whatever we do will be limited to a total of around 3-4 classes. Something like 1 or 2 each carbine and handgun courses.

Snake RAH
02-23-07, 11:12
I can't come out for Advanced Fighting Pistol in March (family obligations), but please keep bringing folks out there.

Can you get Gomez out there for Urban AK? How about Gabe Suarez? Thanks.

ashooter
02-23-07, 11:20
I can't come out for Advanced Fighting Pistol in March (family obligations), but please keep bringing folks out there.

Can you get Gomez out there for Urban AK? How about Gabe Suarez? Thanks.

The problem with hosting some of these guys is that Brady is far enough out in the sticks that shooters are too lazy to get there. I doubt if Suarez would be interested because he covers so much ground and does so many classes that most people can find a Suarez class closer to home. Pat Rogers books up almost immediately because he's a big name and does a very limited number of open enrollment classes.