PDA

View Full Version : Remington buys AAC

joffe
10-05-09, 17:51
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/06/breaking-news-remington-has-bought-aac-advanced-armament-corp/

Don't know what to think of this.

heijutsu
10-05-09, 17:58
http://www.aacblog.com/

I'm thinking it is a positive.

Ak44
10-05-09, 18:05
Meh as long as they can produce cans it's all good :D

variablebinary
10-05-09, 18:34
It's pretty obvious that something was amiss

There is a rumor about Barrett being purchased floating around too.

parishioner
10-05-09, 18:57
So thats why they were able to raffle off Remington ACR's at the Silencer Shoot.

sadmin
10-05-09, 18:59
maybe remington is paving a way to be the next colt for .mil

Ak44
10-05-09, 19:01
If this merger/takeover benefits in the sense that it will give more funding for R&D, faster turn around times, and better products...Then I'm all about it. I hope Mike gives a skinny about this whole thing. If this delays cans, I'm going to be pissed.

tinman44
10-05-09, 19:06
I believe this was rumored before the recent silenced shoot. Not sure how it was stated though I believe it was said this was not going to happen. I'm not really happy with this. It's not so much remington as much as it is the company that bought remington and they are buying up lots of companies. This is bad news since manufactoring will likely get outsourced and product likely wont be what it once was. Reminds me of a few years ago when some company bought up most of the lawnmower manufactors, now you have crap brand name lawnmowers out there selling at walmart.

SWATcop556
10-05-09, 19:56

Littlelebowski
10-05-09, 20:01
Couple this with the ACR and you've got some interesting stuff afoot at Remington.....

BushmasterFanBoy
10-05-09, 20:55
At least it wasn't Ruger? :D

Nevermiss
10-05-09, 23:15
I think it will be good for the consumer.

I'd love to see Michael Waddell and Brett Favre do a commercial shooting suppressed ACRs!

goodwi77
10-07-09, 19:26
This is bad news since manufactoring will likely get outsourced and product likely wont be what it once was.

Disclaimer- I now work with AAC.

But the above is not true- we are actually moving to a new building (4 times larger) and staffing up and adding lots of machines to actually bring almost all of the processes in-house. Kevin has stated- faster, better, cheaper. Lots more R&D too.

Ak44
10-07-09, 19:38
Silencer Shoot should be amazing next year...:D

tinman44
10-20-09, 18:22
Disclaimer- I now work with AAC.

But the above is not true- we are actually moving to a new building (4 times larger) and staffing up and adding lots of machines to actually bring almost all of the processes in-house. Kevin has stated- faster, better, cheaper. Lots more R&D too.

I hope so, this would almost be like breaking the law of gravity but it would make me a permanant customer for sure.

Silencer Shoot should be amazing next year...:D

I REALLY hope so, grass roots marketing like word of mouth or events like this are starting to be a driving force behind alot of purchases, at least for me.