PDA

View Full Version : RobArms ordering weirdness

Littlelebowski
10-05-09, 18:24
So a buddy overseas asks me to order a stock adapter kit for his RobArms XCR so that he can put M4 style stocks on it. I go to the website, pick it out, order it, fill out my credit card/billing/shipping info and expect it to be done. Instead I get a message letting me know that RobArms will contact me about shipping.

Several hours later I get the below email with documents attached:

Attached is a copy of your order (7919), please look it over and let me know if there are any problems. Also attached is a consumer agreement, if you could please read, sign, and send it back by email, fax 801.337.2281 or to PO BOX 16776 Salt Lake City, UT 84116. We need the agreement back before we can ship anything. We save these in the system, so we do not need one from you ever again. As soon as we receive it, we will fill your order within the next two weeks of the date received, and send you a delivery confirmation number when it goes. Please let me know if you have any questions

You have got to be kidding me. 2 weeks? 2 documents to fill out for a stock adapter to be shipped from Utah to Virginia? What the hell Robinson Arms? I've heard about how weird this company can be but this is stupid.

variablebinary
10-05-09, 18:30
I am not a fan. I think it is unneeded and makes transactions more complex than they need to be

I can understand the desire for litigious inoculation, but this is a bit much. No one knows why this started, but it probably stems from someone doing something stupid and Robarm getting a phone call about it.

Still, I dont like it