PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Daewoo K2

Foxandreed
02-23-07, 04:36
I have a K2 rifle that fell in my lap. I admit that I don't know an awful lot about it. It is a gas piston, side folding, AR/AK hybrid. I haven't even shot it. It takes AR mags and it seems to use a fair amount of AR lower parts. What do people think of this rifle?

TOrrock
02-23-07, 08:27
Highly under rated rifle, great design and execution.

They are very high quality pieces.

nyeti
02-23-07, 13:27
Ditto, I have had a couple of them over the years, and they are a GREAT design. AK top end, A1 sights, FAL style folder that has a short LOP, takes AR mags with all the good AR lower ergonomics................whats not to like. I wish they came with a 16" barrel, and had better U.S. support on parts. My most recent one went to my best friend who is missing a ton of body parts and the Daewoo works for him. He has used the AK system extensively overseas and is also very oriented to the AR system, so the Daewoo just fits really well.

One of my older Daewoos was lent to another buddy for a 3 gun match. I took second after getting beat with my own rifle............I like em, but I can never seem to hang onto them.

Ross
02-24-07, 02:00
I have a K1A1, K2, DR-200 and a DR-200 lower I'm building into a rifle (yeah, it's a "long term" project).

Yeah, I like them.

All the hoopla nowdays about piston uppers and the ROK had it back in the 80's.

K.L. Davis
02-24-07, 09:50
All the hoopla nowdays about piston uppers and the ROK had it back in the 80's.

There is nothing at all new about piston ARs, they have been around for a long time... aftermarket retrofit kits date back to the Rhino Kit and production piston rifles are older than a lot of folks on the forum. The T65 series is generally recognized around the world and even a crazy little US company named Colt had a piston AR/M16 back twenty five or more years ago.

The hoopla, from what I have seen, is mostly contained to an internet fan base, the majority of who are somewhat new to the rifle all together and can not be expected to know that everything old is new again.

Ross
02-24-07, 11:00
Yeah! I remember the Rhino conversion! I had forgotten about that thing.

Bugs Bunny
02-25-07, 16:45
Have a DR-200 that's ext. accurate, even with OEM sights that are not nearly as good as std AR's. Spare OEM parts are non-existant but better/best aftermarket guys are beginning to tool-up for the 'Woo. Recent run on firing pins and a few other parts are available.

Best place for info is their own Forum at:

Community email addresses:
Post message: DR200@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: DR200-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Unsubscribe: DR200-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner: DR200-owner@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.yahoogroups.com/community/DR200
Yahoo! Groups Links

Basenji
02-25-07, 21:50
I like mine. It's a bit lighter than my 556. It's as accurate as I am and is fun to shoot. The prices are all over the place. As was said above, it's a well kept secret. Don't tell anyone.

coffinman
02-25-07, 22:40
great rifle.

Foxandreed
02-27-07, 19:36
I was considering what the fate of the rifle would be. Now it has a definite home after hearing the opinions expressed. I will start picking up spares for her. I didn't think about the gun ban limiting spares. I hope to get to the range soon. Northern Virginia is not as friendly and open as it was 15 years ago, especially Loudoun County. I used to shoot on my grandfathers dairy farm but now you can't look even remotely like you are going to have fun.

LukeMacGillie
02-27-07, 20:38
No matter how good or bad the weapon is, there is just something cool about being able to have an Assault Rifle, Car, TV, VCR and Stereo all made by the same company:D