PDA

View Full Version : Load carriage picture thread?

rob_s
10-07-09, 05:57
I know we have a thread on first-line belts, but what about one about complete systems, what you use it for, and how it works for you? If you're a contractor working overseas, or a civilian training junkie, or a competition shooter, or LE, etc. It would be nice if it was more than just a picture thread, but also a list of the items (with links if you're so inclined) and some description as to how well it's working out for you. Since there's new gear coming out all the time, and since most people I know are rarely ever happy completely happy with the current state of their setup, leading to setups that are constantly in flux, maybe include something about future gear you're looking to add to the mix.

Hopefully this thread can be a resource for the members here, from established members with a lot of shooting experience to new guys that come here looking for suggestions on their first equipment. To that end, including at the very least what your role is and how you use the gear in that role is critical.

NCPatrolAR
10-07-09, 09:31
You want something similar to the "fighting loadout" thread over on LF? Photos and descriptions?

rob_s
10-07-09, 09:39
You want something similar to the "fighting loadout" thread over on LF? Photos and descriptions?

Well, I didn't want to say it so plainly, but yeah. :D

I just figure that based on our membership it might be "fighting/training/etc. loadout". I haven't ever posted my gear in the thread over there because my stuff is not a "fighting" loadout.

NCPatrolAR
10-07-09, 11:24
I don't see there being an issue with such a thread.

Shane1
10-07-09, 12:56
Ill be your huckelberry. My current AS/Warrant rig V2. Eagle Ind. PC , ATS triple/triple, BFG Ten-Speed and TQ Now, Surefire Helmet light , CAT. BOK is seperate CSM gear waistpack

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/pmpd07/PCV2.jpg?t=1254937859

It works out well for my needs. It carries the basics that I need for an active shooter, bullets, bangs and bandaids.I dont usually have a need for a a full vest like my RAV so this fills the niche. Although I am really digging the Mayflower vest to maybe replace this in the future. Originally there was a PC TX3 where the ATS rides now but I let another officer use that for his vest.

Iraq Ninja
10-07-09, 14:54
My working kit changes all the time, based on what job I am performing. Since I am driving now, my kit layout has to allow me to control the steering wheel. This means my arms are in the natural driving position and not be interfered with by my kit.

What stays the same is my three TT mag shingles across my front. I have long since removed the bungie cords. Never had a use for them in my work. On top of them sits a Blue Force Gear 10 speed pouch. I use it to hold medical kit. The most likely bad situation we will be involved with is being blown the **** up, and having to patch ourselves up. No door kicking or ass kicking.

Vest and blast belt are still my Crye CAGE system. I have started to wear the belt without any suspenders. This allows me to quickly spin the belt around to access other pouches if needed, such as med kit. My pistol mags and one Pmag ride on the right side of my belt (left handed).

Holster. I had to take it off my chest and put it on my belt to drive. It is loose around the blast belt, but held in place by the leg strap. When I drive, I move it to the top of my thigh so I can access it if needed. Might not be tacti-cool, but it works.

My Blue Force Gear med pouch goes on my left side because I can't drive with it on my belt. I need to be comfortable while driving so that I can focus on the road and not a pouch digging into my back.

I only carry 4 30 round mags and one 20. All Pmags.

The vest is slightly tilted for some unknown reason in this pic. Most likely because it was a long day...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/new-loadout.jpg

militarymoron
10-07-09, 15:21
ok, we now have a sticky at the top of this section for gear loadouts :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39159

i'm closing this thread so people can start posting there.

edited to add: shane1 and iraq ninja - i don't know how to move your posts into the stickied thread without bumping my instructions down, as when posts are moved, they end up in chronological order, so if any other mod knows how to do that, please help, or you guys can repost in the new thread if it's not too much trouble. thanks fellas!