PDA

View Full Version : Afghanistan SITREP

RetreatHell
10-07-09, 15:52
I'm sure some of you have already seen this video from a recent episode of 60 Minutes, but I felt it was worth posting here for those who haven't seen it. It's a 12 minute segment covering an Army unit that's positioned in a very secluded AO in Eastern Afghanistan, courtesy of Military dot com.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?page=3&displayContent=200697#alphaBottom

Without getting too political, and for the purpose of keeping this short as well, I'll just add this: We simply cannot afford to take our foot off the throat of this enemy, gentlemen.

Take care and Semper Fi,

Paul

Safetyhit
10-07-09, 18:25
Without getting too political, and for the purpose of keeping this short as well, I'll just add this: We simply cannot afford to take our foot off the throat of this enemy, gentlemen.

Well, you don't have to worry about going political, as that is very rarely an issue here.

:)

Business_Casual
10-07-09, 19:51
I don't think you need to convince us; rather the mincing dandies in the Whitehouse.

M_P

PRGGodfather
10-07-09, 20:00
"Mincing" is such the perfect word.

Jimmy Carter has surrendered his mantle as the most inept modern President, and the most dramatic difference we can see is the current WH occupant has a ginormous ego -- and none of the self-regulating values that made JC a decent man, even if he was a twit as a Commander-in Chief.

It's going to be a slow, nasty grind, folks... we just don't make anything in this country anymore, except consumers...

LockenLoad
10-07-09, 20:16
Lora Logan is a great war reporter, she has fought for better coverage for a long time, she is now assigned to Washington, not in the field anymore a shame, she was on Charlie Rose today, she had some reveling comments about Pakistan

http://www.charlierose.com/search/?text=lora+logan

JHC
10-07-09, 21:11
Not to worry. :rolleyes: POTUS is seeking a "middle ground". A "collaborative" solution. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-obama-afghan7-2009oct07,0,3693182.story

Not one leadership bone in his beta male body. http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/10/did_we_elect_a_beta_male_as_pr_1.html#

" . . . Another cue to this unfortunate character trait of the president's can be found in the lack of assertiveness of his oratorical style. While many people insist that Barack Obama is a wonderful speaker, in fact, he exhibits less emotional range when he addresses a crowd than his predecessor, George W. Bush, did. He may have better speechwriters than W, but his delivery is monotonic and his cadences clipped, both signs of a beta male, unsure of himself, putting his words out there more for the purpose of seeking approval than of providing leadership.

The president's characteristic head tilt when he's speaking to an audience or having to deal with a tough question when he's being interviewed (although there are certainly very few instances of his having to do this) is another sign of submissive behavior. "

RogerinTPA
10-07-09, 21:51
I saw that story when it was first aired. Awesome video to say the lease.

As far as Jimmy Carter is concerned, I feel we have the African American version, setting in the WH. Very intelligent, convincing, well spoken, but weak on every issue, foreign and domestic. At least Carter was a navel officer.

Business_Casual
10-07-09, 23:52
rharris is anti-spelling tonight. ;)

M_P

Belmont31R
10-08-09, 17:02
Just my simple opinion but I do think we need more troops, and we need to be more aggressive in the tribal areas of western Pakistan.

Without being more involved in the Pak tribal region there is no way we are going to "win" (meaning removing the Taliban/AQ threat).

The Paki's are too corrupt and/or inept to do anything about that region, and so far, aside from the predator strikes, we haven't done anything meaningful.

The tribes have their own terrority, and the borders are secondary to that. When the borders were drawn up they were not drawn up according to the people actually living there.

And from what Ive read, seen, and heard the Afghan military is next to worthless. Constant drug abuse, laziness, and not willing to 'soldier' to an acceptable standard. Lots of people outside that 'group' but not nearly enough. The Karazi government appears to be corrupt, worthless, and a hinderence to progress over there.

Jay Cunningham
10-08-09, 17:07
but not nearly enough. The Karazi government appears to be corrupt, worthless

Whoa!

I thought you were talking about me for a sec.

M4arc
10-08-09, 17:13
Whoa!

I thought you were talking about me for a sec.

Nah, he (and the rest of us) already knew you were corrupt and worthless. :D

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed it. God bless our Solders and Marines over there. I hope Obama does the right thing and listens to the Four Star General that is on the ground and not Bozo Biden and his other "advisors".

556frags
10-08-09, 20:38
Cool video thanks for posting. Thank you to all the men and women who are have served our great nation.