PDA

View Full Version : And just when you think they can't stoop any lower...

M4arc
10-08-09, 07:49
They hand out lab coats to make everyone look like doctors: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/tricky_doctored_photo_kTVWHZ3vEeRQbxCC0TNZHN

Will this administration stop at nothing to push it's agenda? Half the people in attendence weren't even doctors and this group, Doctors for America, was funded by none other than George Soros! Surprise, surprise. When you don't like what the AMA has to say you start your own group.

PMcMullen
10-08-09, 08:16
"I'm not a real doctor, but I play one on TV..."

RogerinTPA
10-08-09, 08:19
Pretty frackin sad. I'm waiting on the conservative spin, showing MDs who oppose it. Maybe with Sarah Palin thrown in there somewhere.:D

M4arc
10-08-09, 08:24
"I'm not a real doctor, but I play one on TV..."

Do you think that they all stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before and we floated the bill?

lalakai
10-08-09, 08:42
reminds me of the photo op where they dressed the president in a flight suit, landed him on a carrier deck just off shore, to score points with the military.

M4arc
10-08-09, 09:04
reminds me of the photo op where they dressed the president in a flight suit, landed him on a carrier deck just off shore, to score points with the military.

Maybe so but where's the change? Looks like business as usual on Capital Hill then huh? For some reason I thought this administration was suppose to be different.

Business_Casual
10-08-09, 09:20
Well, at least Bush earned the right to wear a flight suit by piloting high-performance aircraft in an era when that was more dangerous than being a race car driver.

ETA - you know, people forget that the ending to the Great Santini was a monthly occurrence back at the height of the cold war. It wasn't a safe billet at all.

M_P

Hunter Rose
10-08-09, 10:13
ETA - you know, people forget that the ending to the Great Santini was a monthly occurrence back at the height of the cold war. It wasn't a safe billet at all.

M_P

Thanks for ruining The Great Santini for me! :D

Seriously, though, it is still not a "safe" billet. Ask most anyone who has been flying a number of years and they know someone who didn't make it.

lalakai
10-08-09, 12:29
Maybe so but where's the change? Looks like business as usual on Capital Hill then huh? For some reason I thought this administration was suppose to be different.

sorry, i was addressing the issue of sinking to a new low, versus change; didn't see that reference in your original post.

as for another comment, I hadn't referenced either individuals' rights to the type of garb they wear; i was stating a fact.

ToddG
10-08-09, 12:39

Just so I'm sure we're talking about the same instance: You mean the time a President who was previously a military fighter pilot landed on a flight deck during a time of war while he was still Commander-in-Chief, right?

lalakai
10-08-09, 12:55
yes, i am referencing the man who was in the Texas National Guard, who was a passenger on a plane that landed on the flight deck of a carrier, while that passenger was the Commander in Chief. the same individual who's service record isn't conclusive regarding any flight time in actual combat missions (clarification...........sorties in Nam).

but this is drifting quite a bit from the original post regarding how low a political party can go, in constructing a photo op.:eek:

Belmont31R
10-08-09, 13:04
yes, i am referencing the man who was in the Texas National Guard, who was a passenger on a plane that landed on the flight deck of a carrier, while that passenger was the Commander in Chief. the same individual who's service record isn't conclusive regarding any flight time in actual combat missions (clarification...........sorties in Nam).

but this is drifting quite a bit from the original post regarding how low a political party can go, in constructing a photo op.:eek:

Lots of civilians get dressed in military garb during flights and such. Besides he was the CIC.

And besides thats quite a bit of a stretch to put some sort of moral relevancy on the two.

MSP "Sarge"
10-08-09, 13:29
I'm with M_p and the others on this. Yea what he said!

Safetyhit
10-08-09, 14:29
I heard they were all real doctors, but it just seemed once again so phony and gay. I think this is the most artificial and destructive Presidency in our lifetimes.

But then again, with Carter in office and interest rates at 20% it probably did seem like end of the world as we knew it and was therefore likely worse in that respect.

ZDL
10-08-09, 14:53

Belmont31R
10-08-09, 15:05
I heard they were all real doctors, but it just seemed once again so phony and gay. I think this is the most artificial and destructive Presidency in our lifetimes.

But then again, with Carter in office and interest rates at 20% it probably did seem like end of the world as we knew it and was therefore likely worse in that respect.

I like to say his appearances are more put together than a broadway play.

No question will be asked he hasnt rehearsed the answer to.

MANY of the people asking the questions are somehow related to him either through donations or campaign work.

What I find disturbing is he can give over 100 speeches on health care but only spend 25 minutes face to face time with Gen McCrystal and talked to him 1-2 times since the Gen took charge in Afghanistan.

Priorities are so messed up....

M4arc
10-08-09, 15:26
I read they were all real doctors as well. They were asked to bring their white coats. Some didn't. Who knows though.

Michelle Malkin said this morning on Fox News that all attendees were from Doctors of America but not all (she estimated 50%) were actually MDs.

What I find disturbing is he can give over 100 speeches on health care but only spend 25 minutes face to face time with Gen McCrystal and talked to him 1-2 times since the Gen took charge in Afghanistan.

Priorities are so messed up....

A General running a war just isn't as important and forcing everyone to buy into his healthcare program or trying to get the olympics in Chicago. It's that simple.

jwinch2
10-08-09, 15:34
Michelle Malkin said this morning on Fox News that all attendees were from Doctors of America but not all (she estimated 50%) were actually MDs.

The article linked by the OP claims that they were all physicians. I have to say, that I don't understand linking this particular article to support the argument made in the original post.

A sea of 150 white-coated doctors, all enthusiastically supportive of the president and representing all 50 states, looked as if they were at a costume party as they posed in the Rose Garden before hearing Obama's pitch for the Democratic overhaul bills moving through Congress.

The physicians, all invited guests, were told to bring their white lab coats to make sure that TV cameras captured the image.

But some docs apparently forgot, failing to meet the White House dress code by showing up in business suits or dresses.

So the White House rustled up white coats for them and handed them to the suited physicians who had taken seats in the sun-splashed lawn area.

ZDL
10-08-09, 15:34

Belmont31R
10-08-09, 15:35

A General running a war just isn't as important and forcing everyone to buy into his healthcare program or trying to get the olympics in Chicago. It's that simple.

Whats about as insane is he defers to Biden as his foreign policy expert.

Biden was against the 1991 Gulf War which even the French sent a lot of troops to, had UN support, et cetera.

Getting back on track I also heard they handed out the white lab coats to anyone who didn't bring their own. Again its all staged like a play and isnt close to representing reality.

lalakai
10-08-09, 15:36
It will be interesting to see how he juggles the next issue, regarding his promise to not sign the bill, if it adds to the deficit; meaning it has to be paid for from another revenue source. They floated the idea of the luxury tax on high end insurance plans (not high end at all, based on current medical costs :mad: ) and that's getting alot of flack from unions that don't want to see their members get stuck with higher costs.

if it wasn't so sad, i would be tempted to sit down with a bowl of popcorn and laugh, while this unfolds.

Belmont31R
10-08-09, 15:45
It will be interesting to see how he juggles the next issue, regarding his promise to not sign the bill, if it adds to the deficit; meaning it has to be paid for from another revenue source. They floated the idea of the luxury tax on high end insurance plans (not high end at all, based on current medical costs :mad: ) and that's getting alot of flack from unions that don't want to see their members get stuck with higher costs.

if it wasn't so sad, i would be tempted to sit down with a bowl of popcorn and laugh, while this unfolds.

Id be willing to bet somehow unions will be exempt from paying taxes on their med insurance.

M4arc
10-08-09, 15:48
Id be willing to bet somehow unions will be exempt from paying taxes on their med insurance.

Sound reasonable. He already handed over Chrysler to them why not make them exempt from paying taxes too?

lalakai
10-08-09, 15:49

Doh....i should i have thought of that.

..........just gotta keep twisting the knife eh?:rolleyes:

Submariner
10-08-09, 16:26
Doh....i should i have thought of that.

..........just gotta keep twisting the knife eh?:rolleyes:

"Mission Accomplished!" banner.

lalakai
10-08-09, 20:09
"Mission Accomplished!" banner.

lol now now now...i thought i was showing good restraint by not bringing that up

vodomagoo
10-09-09, 00:39
i would not have been surprised if this guy was his star speaker
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uWvhsVhg1OA/Sj1nUCZRhVI/AAAAAAAAC2o/986lyNfqEI8/s400/SuperStock_255-12762.jpg

He just keeps pushing over and over its getting tiring.