PDA

View Full Version : Colt M16A1 parts kit

7.62NATO
10-08-09, 20:25
Century has Colt M16A1 parts kits. Anyone given these a try?

http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=KI1925

donnyblaze1
10-08-09, 20:30
Never given this a try, but I can say that I have personally never had anything but mediocre experiences with their firearms/parts kits. YMMV

eternal24k
10-08-09, 22:23
If the barrel isn't Colt, i can see money better spent IMO

Dunderway
10-08-09, 22:40
If the barrel isn't Colt, i can see money better spent IMO

I actually looked at these yesterday and had the same thought. It has a Colt BCG, but that is really the only thing in the kit that would command a premium. I would also be skeptical as to whether the LPK (which may not be complete) was actually Colt and not some M&A reject.

SARCO (always suspect) did have complete Colt M16 uppers for sale in the latest SGN, and the rest of the parts to put a worn out old A1 clone together if that's what you want.

cqbdriver
10-09-09, 06:54
SARCO (always suspect) did have complete Colt M16 uppers for sale in the latest SGN, and the rest of the parts to put a worn out old A1 clone together if that's what you want.

I ordered a barrel from SARCO a few years ago. It was advertised as “New M16A1 barrel with handguard, gas tube & flash suppressor.”

I can’t say that they lied, but a more accurate description would have been “New M16A1 barrel from unknown manufacturer, extremely used handguards spray painted black to look new, aftermarket flash suppressor that appeared to be some type of casting made in a backyard sandbox.

firemike
10-09-09, 14:34
I checked the add - details support what others have said ...

"MAGS & BAYO HAVE COLT LOGO. "

Personally - I will not be purchasing any - but that's just me.

Blob
10-09-09, 17:46
I am never touching another Century product as long as I live.

Quentin
10-09-09, 19:16
All four Century firearms I've bought were well worth the money (FM Hi-Power, M44, SKS and WASR10/63) but I'd pass on that kit. Too many unknowns.