10-08-09, 20:30
Pure unadulterated AWESOME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg

556frags
10-08-09, 20:33
Cool video.

thopkins22
10-08-09, 21:19
1 million fps(frames per second) Slow Motion video of bullet impacts made by Werner Mehl from Kurzzeit.

I wasn't expecting anything nearly that cool when I clicked your link.

These are by far the best slow motion bullet impacts available anywhere. Watch for the hollow point rounds in the ballistics gel.

They were in fact amazing...I'd like to see some data about what was what if he recorded it.

Truly incredible shots, especially the ones starting at 7:30 where the jackets are peeled off so perfectly.

geminidglocker
10-08-09, 21:29
Definitly cool, but what's up with the first projectile??? Strange conical tail?/?:confused:

MisterWilson
10-08-09, 22:16
Definitly cool, but what's up with the firs projectile??? Strange conical tail?/?:confused:

I think I'd heard that it was a custom projectile, turned on a lathe.

Mark71
10-08-09, 22:58
Very cool! Thanks for the link.

geminidglocker
10-08-09, 23:05
If it was turned on a lathe, and is in some way good(Performance wise) than why are there no other bullets in that configuration??? Was it just some bored nerd who thought he knew what a bullet should look like, then got flamed for not using real bullets? :confused:

vodomagoo
10-09-09, 00:31
very cool, loved the deformation on the rounds that penetrated

Jer
10-09-09, 00:45
Congratulations, you're a nominee for the 'worst thread title' award. Very cool video and you might have more luck if you use more detail in your thread title. I enjoy First Person Shooter style video games or I wouldn't have even clicked on it.

Gramps
10-09-09, 01:41
Is there anyone here that knows at what speeds different bullets actually "Disintegrate at"? I think most are well under 1 mil fps.
OK I just got that speed thing. Frames per second. Gramps is ok.

An Undocumented Worker
10-09-09, 01:47
Is there anyone here that knows at what speeds different bullets actually "Disintegrate at"? I think most are well under 1 mil fps.

The 1 million FPS actually refers to how many Frames Per Second the video was recorded at. I just left the title as the basic acronym to leave it a bit mysterious.:p

From what I've seen and heard about these cameras, they make our hobby/obsession seem cheap. I think the camera they used runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $240,000.00

I have also seen similar footage where they found a way to get footage from within the combustion chamber of an internal combustion engine, Wild Wild stuff they are filming with those cameras.:eek:

Jer
10-09-09, 02:20
I just left the title as the basic acronym to leave it a bit mysterious.:p

I can't stand when people use vague thread titles and normally don't click for this very reason. It's not intriguing people it's causing them to ignore it and keep going to the next thread with a title that's more descriptive that seems to contain more interesting material.

perna
10-09-09, 02:52
I can't stand when people use vague thread titles and normally don't click for this very reason. It's not intriguing people it's causing them to ignore it and keep going to the next thread with a title that's more descriptive that seems to contain more interesting material.

Stop being a dick, thanks. You read it and clicked it. Maybe complain about it for a few more posts, or spend more time finding female pics to use as your profile pic.

Jer
10-09-09, 03:05
Stop being a dick, thanks. You read it and clicked it. Maybe complain about it for a few more posts, or spend more time finding female pics to use as your profile pic.

Who's being the dick now? That's my wife so I didn't have to look too far.

MisterWilson
10-09-09, 09:10
Got any naked pictures of her?

Texasflyboy
10-09-09, 10:27
Got any naked pictures of her?

Given the sample provided I would think that is self evident regardless of the actual answer. Now if you're asking him to share....that is another thought entirely.

;)

punkkin
10-09-09, 10:57
That is awesome footage. I wish the watermark was smaller and that there was more info on what was being shot and shot at. What's going on at the 2:00 mark?

hhmorant
10-11-09, 10:24
Definitly cool, but what's up with the first projectile??? Strange conical tail?/?:confused:

Brenneke TUG (or TIG) maybe?

http://www.brenneke-munition.de/cms/index.php?id=20&L=1

shep854
10-11-09, 13:44
I assumed that the films were from research projects, and the projos were experimental, and that clips of conventional bullets were added. To my eye, the pistol bullets in gel look like .40 S&W. Watching solid metal behave like a liquid is just eerie.

Spiffums
10-11-09, 21:55
Is there even a commercially available video card that perform at 1 million FPS?

Kinda reminds me of when people say this has a rate of fire of 3,000 round a minute. Can you actually shot and reload 100 times (30 round mags) in 1 minute?

An Undocumented Worker
10-11-09, 22:51
Is there even a commercially available video card that perform at 1 million FPS?

Kinda reminds me of when people say this has a rate of fire of 3,000 round a minute. Can you actually shot and reload 100 times (30 round mags) in 1 minute?

The idea is that they record the footage at 1million frames per second, then play em back at a normal frame rate so as to get super smooth super slow motion so that they can observe things such as explosions and other rediculously fast events.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/01/new-camera-grab/
http://www.visionresearch.com/

RudyN
10-11-09, 23:32
Thanks for posting the link that was great to see.