PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama wins The Nobel Peace Price for 2009

TMMT
10-09-09, 04:41
Barack Obama wins the peace price
http://www.cnn.com ^
Posted on October 9, 2009

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-president-obama-wins-nobel-peace-prize-2009-10-09-55170

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=8787657

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125507885722575625.html?mod=article-outset-box

BiggLee71
10-09-09, 05:03
WTF did he do?

Ziptie
10-09-09, 05:07
It's no big deal, I got one in MY cheerios once.

Rider79
10-09-09, 05:14
The f'ed up part about it is that the nomination period ended barely 2 weeks after he took office.

The_War_Wagon
10-09-09, 05:32
It's no big deal, I got one in MY cheerios once.

:D

Certainly shows how LITTLE it's worth, when they give one to any ol' flunky - like Jimmy Carter and Der Kommissar Obamassar... :rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
10-09-09, 05:48
I'm shocked - shocked, I tell you.

Oscar 319
10-09-09, 05:49
Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, now B. H. O. :rolleyes:

trio
10-09-09, 07:14
good Lord, give me a ****ing break...

i

M4arc
10-09-09, 07:15
Unbelievable...

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 07:16
Being nominated for the nobel peace prize a grand two weeks into his presidency is, I think, a perfect comment for Obama's entire political career.

The award itself has been worthless at least since it was given to Yassir Arafat...but the notion that Barack deserves high honor just for bein' Barack...well...it perfectly illustrates the messianic devotion liberals have invested in him thanks to their absurd political correctness.

Liberals are quick to bash Christians, but at least Christians have sufficient judgment to refrain from worshiping politicians.

Robb Jensen
10-09-09, 07:17
Being nominated for the nobel peace prize a grand two weeks into his presidency is, I think, a perfect comment for Obama's entire political career.

The award itself has been worthless at least since it was given to Yassir Arafat...but the notion that Barack deserves high honor just for bein' Barack...well...it perfectly illustrates the messianic devotion liberals have invested in him thanks to their absurd political correctness.

Liberals are quick to bash Christians, but at least Christians have sufficient judgment to refrain from worshiping politicians.

Great now he has something in common with a pedophile terrorist.

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 07:31
Great now he has something in common with a pedophile terrorist.

I prefer "HIV + homosexual pedophile rapist" when discussing Arafat. :D

LOKNLOD
10-09-09, 07:36
Great now he has something else in common with a pedophile terrorist.

Slight addition...

dirksterg30
10-09-09, 07:39
Unbelievable...

On the contrary; I find it very believable. With accomplished :rolleyes: statesmen and leaders like Al Gore & Jimmy Carter as prior award winners, Zero was the natural choice. I'm betting that Ahmadinejad will get it next year provided he launches an attack on Israel.

cevtv
10-09-09, 07:39
Should be the No-Balls Peace Prize....

adh
10-09-09, 07:48
Should be the No-Balls Peace Prize....

F...ing great, still laughing

ToddG
10-09-09, 07:52
THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZDKLzCpGk)

Submariner
10-09-09, 07:55
George Orwell said it best:

"War is Peace"
"Freedom is Slavery"
"Ignorance is Strength"

He also said, "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

I strongly disagree. We had folks, professing Christians, at our church who damned near worshiped George Bush.

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 08:05
THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZDKLzCpGk)

There are a number of spots where "Barack Obama!" would fit sooooooo nicely into that song.

That'll be my project on the road to Danville tonight...rocking out to a little COP while writing some alternative lyrics.

joffe
10-09-09, 08:25
I'm ashamed to hold my Norwegian passport. If you think the liberal media is fawning over the guy, try coming over to Europe and see how they cry about his Magnificence..

This was probably something they did solely so they could get him to visit this backwater shithole of a country and get photos snapped of themselves with him.

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 08:45
One potential silver lining:

It's patently obvious that this was an absurd award. While some people may be adoringly on their knees weeping at the beauty of His Obamaness getting this award, I think a lot of people around the planet are going to read the headline and ask themselves "Dude...what the ****?" (Or whatever the French/Italian/Spanish/Etc equivalent of WTF happens to be)

The hype machine may spin so fast and so high that it sheds lots of people who just can't stand the ride anymore.

Business_Casual
10-09-09, 08:49
JW, you're right. Reuters basically said "WTF" in their coverage. And that's from a lefty international news group.

A Nobel prize for a man who can't even properly walk his own dog.

M_P

Gutshot John
10-09-09, 08:50

It's patently obvious that this was an absurd award. While some people may be adoringly on their knees weeping at the beauty of His Obamaness getting this award, I think a lot of people around the planet are going to read the headline and ask themselves "Dude...what the ****?" (Or whatever the French/Italian/Spanish/Etc equivalent of WTF happens to be)

The hype machine may spin so fast and so high that it sheds lots of people who just can't stand the ride anymore.

I'm inclined to agree. The award has been so cheapened it's becoming increasingly irrelevant.

I guess they felt bad he didn't get the Olympic games. :D

CGoodwin
10-09-09, 08:52
I heard this on the radio as I was driving to the gym this morning, and I laughted out loud, saying, "WTF?!?!"

My God what a liberal suck fest!

Dave Berryhill
10-09-09, 09:00
I think that explains why Barry O. didn't bust Iran for their other nuclear facility during his speech to the U.N. - that would have been too confrontational and not very "Nobel-like."

I tell ya, that award has gone downhill since the invention of dynamite. :D

Cohibra45
Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, now B. H. O. :rolleyes:

I think the company he has been placed in says it all!!!!!!!!!!

J. Carter..........no balls
A. Gore............no brains
B. Obama........nothing what-so-ever!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sam
He must have gotten tipped off that he was in the running for the prize. That explained the worldwide apology tours.

M4arc
10-09-09, 09:11
The f'ed up part about it is that the nomination period ended barely 2 weeks after he took office.

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize this morning. Over the last decade the only requirement to win the prize was that the nominee had to be critical of George W. Bush (see Al Gore, Mohamed El Baradei and Jimmy Carter).

President Obama has broken new ground here. Nominations for potential winners of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ended on February 1. The president took office only 12 days earlier on January 20.

Let’s take a look at the president’s first 12 days in the White House according to his public schedule to see what he did to deserve a Nobel Peace Prize:

January 20: Sworn in as president. Went to a parade. Partied.

January 21: Asked bureaucrats to re-write guidelines for information requests. Held an “open house” party at the White House.

January 22: Signed Executive Orders: Executive Branch workers to take ethics pledge; re-affirmed Army Field Manuel techniques for interrogations; expressed desire to close Gitmo (how’s that working out?)

January 23: Ordered the release of federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries. Lunch with Joe Biden; met with Tim Geithner.

January 24: Budget meeting with economic team.

January 25: Skipped church.

January 26: Gave speech about jobs and energy. Met with Hillary Clinton. Attended Geithner's swearing in ceremony.

January 27: Met with Republicans. Spoke at a clock tower in Ohio.

January 28: Economic meetings in the morning, met with Defense secretary in the afternoon.

January 29: Signed Ledbetter Bill overturning US Supreme Court decision on lawsuits over wages. Party in the State Room. Met with Biden.

January 30: Met economic advisers. Gave speech on Middle Class Working Families Task Force. Met with senior enlisted military officials.

January 31: Took the day off.

February 1: Skipped church. Threw a Super Bowl party.

So there you have it. The short path to the Nobel Peace Prize: Party, go to meetings, skip church, release federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries, party some more.

Good grief.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/10/09/tommy-seno-obama-nobel-prize-win/

Outlander Systems
10-09-09, 09:14
Can we get a smiley for :vomit:

Maybe those Antichrist rumours have some validity...

-gary
10-09-09, 09:21
Insanity.

"His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population,"

Yeah, that's what we need.

"hoped the prize would help Obama resolve the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan"

Huh?

Woke my wife up this morning yelling at the radio in the shower when I heard.

RogerinTPA
10-09-09, 09:29
I'm inclined to agree. The award has been so cheapened it's becoming increasingly irrelevant.

I guess they felt bad he didn't get the Olympic games. :D

Amen to that! I spit out coffee all over my living room when I heard the news this morning. :rolleyes:

The members on this forum should get the award for promoting firearms safety, training, and crime prevention IMHO. At least the award would have been for a just cause.

I'm completely disgusted and sickened, by the Nobel folks in their shit selection process over the years. Makes me wanna hurl.

RancidSumo
10-09-09, 09:29
You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

M4arc
10-09-09, 09:32
I guess that's why he hasn't approved General McChrystal's troop increase request...he's just planning on creating peace now that he has the award. Problem solved.

Outlander Systems
10-09-09, 09:32
I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out...

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 09:35
There's a news item that says he's prepared to cede control of certain regions of Afghanistan to the Taliban. (You know...since they're completely distinct from AQ)

That's some Nobel Prize winning logic right there!

RogerinTPA
10-09-09, 09:36

Abso****inlutely. When I go to work later today, I expect to see people walking around the airport with palm prints on their foreheads from slapping it so hard.

Ak44
10-09-09, 09:39
Eh good for him. He can fool a Nation, with empty promises and facebook. He earns an award for "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." :rolleyes:

Gutshot John
10-09-09, 09:45
Amen to that! I spit out coffee all over my living room when I heard the news this morning. :rolleyes:

After the Olympics diss they had to throw him a bone. :)

LegalAlien
10-09-09, 10:17
His own country is polarized between conservative vs liberal ideologies and is a seething cauldron of discontent that is waiting for the catalyst that will explode into the next civil war . . . . and they award him a peace prize?????

WHISKEY - TANGO - FOXTROT.

-gary
10-09-09, 10:34
Iran to 'Blow Up the Heart of Israel' if Attacked (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562921,00.html)

Ensuring peace one country at a time.

They should give him two just to show how much more awesome'r he is than everyone else.

R/Tdrvr
10-09-09, 10:42
Reagan brought an end to the Cold War, and GWB has done more to help AIDS victims in Africa than any other President and they didn't get a Nobel Peace Prize. Just goes to show one really needs to be a liberal empty suit that has done nothing but bad mouth his own country to get the award. :rolleyes: Can't say that it really surprises me.

Gentoo
10-09-09, 10:51
What John said about the hype machine spinning too fast is correct.

The haters will hate and worshipers will worship, but those in the middle will look at this and say OK come on now....

Bill Bryant
10-09-09, 11:14
I never get sick on rides at the fair. I've only gotten sick once in a airplane, but then again it wasn't just any airplane we weren't exactly traveling in a straight line.

But this peace prize Obama thing makes me SICK! :mad:

Submariner
10-09-09, 11:17
I guess that's why he hasn't approved General McChrystal's troop increase request...he's just planning on creating peace now that he has the award. Problem solved.

Yet the Prize is, perhaps, a rather too obvious way to communicate disagreement/distaste with the psychopath behaviors of Obama's predecessor - the anti-Nobel Peace candidate. Yeah, I kinda' like the choice. Now if he will just fire McCrystal; begin a phased withdrawal out of Afghanistan; speed up the withdrawal from Iraq; tell Israel "you're on your own"; begin closing down the 800 U.S. military installations around the world; take on the military-industrial-banking (MIB) complex; turn the Department of Offense into Defense; begin focusing on the nuclear armed countries that are not members of the NPT rather than Iran (member of NPT); totally re-strategize U.S. foreign policy away from imperialism; declare "the lobby" persona non grata; perform a wall to wall review of justice in America which has the highest prison population (per capita) of virtually any country in the world; on and on and on. Well, that would be a start on being deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Otherwise, it was just a payoff (roughly $1.2 million) by the MIB complex to another puppet in the White House. Sorta' like paying both Buck and the First Lawyer to pose for magazine covers/articles. They are, after all, from the Land of Al Capone.

Buck called himself "humbled." The correct word would be "humiliated." After giving the prize to Kissinger, the committee lost the power to further humiliate itself but not the power to humiliate others. Poor Buck. Can't wait for our newest Peace Prize winner to announce the dispatch of 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Think of the headlines: "Nobel Laureate expands war to Pakistan." "Nobel Laureate Threatens Annihilation of Iran." "Peace Prize Winner Says Guantanamo is Here to Stay." "Nobel Peace Winner Expands Rendition Program." The possibilities are endless.

RancidSumo
10-09-09, 11:27
The MSNBC poll shows over 60% do not think that he should have received it.

Submariner
10-09-09, 11:33
The MSNBC poll shows over 60% do not think that he should have received it.

What is your point?

Over sixty per cent of voters told their congressmen not to bail out the banks. Yet the banks were bailed out.

vodomagoo
10-09-09, 11:41
If he had accomplished anything what so ever then maybe but this is just ridiculous. Next up, a proposition for a world govt lead by him :rolleyes:

John_Wayne777
10-09-09, 11:45
Yet the Prize is, perhaps, a rather too obvious way to communicate disagreement/distaste with the psychopath behaviors of Obama's predecessor

...:rolleyes:

RancidSumo
10-09-09, 11:53
What is your point?

Over sixty per cent of voters told their congressmen not to bail out the banks. Yet the banks were bailed out.

Just pointing out that John_Wayne777's prediction in post #21 may already be coming true.

Is that a problem?:confused:

IPSC_GUY
10-09-09, 12:00
Ya know who he beat out???? Former US Army medic Greg Mortenson... I have followed Mortenson's efforts (to build schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan) for years being a climber. I am going to donate some money to his efforts, even more now that this happened.

Here is a nice write up on Glock Talk.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1129229&page=3

ok I gotta go throw up again....

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Bill Bryant
10-09-09, 12:14
Yet the Prize is, perhaps, a rather too obvious way to communicate disagreement/distaste with the psychopath behaviors of Obama's predecessor - the anti-Nobel Peace candidate. Yeah, I kinda' like the choice. Now if he will just fire McCrystal; begin a phased withdrawal out of Afghanistan; speed up the withdrawal from Iraq; tell Israel "you're on your own"; begin closing down the 800 U.S. military installations around the world; take on the military-industrial-banking (MIB) complex; turn the Department of Offense into Defense; begin focusing on the nuclear armed countries that are not members of the NPT rather than Iran (member of NPT); totally re-strategize U.S. foreign policy away from imperialism; declare "the lobby" persona non grata; perform a wall to wall review of justice in America which has the highest prison population (per capita) of virtually any country in the world; on and on and on. Well, that would be a start on being deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Otherwise, it was just a payoff (roughly $1.2 million) by the MIB complex to another puppet in the White House. Sorta' like paying both Buck and the First Lawyer to pose for magazine covers/articles. They are, after all, from the Land of Al Capone.

Buck called himself "humbled." The correct word would be "humiliated." After giving the prize to Kissinger, the committee lost the power to further humiliate itself but not the power to humiliate others. Poor Buck. Can't wait for our newest Peace Prize winner to announce the dispatch of 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Think of the headlines: "Nobel Laureate Threatens Annihilation of Iran." "Peace Prize Winner Says Guantanamo is Here to Stay." "Nobel Peace Winner Expands Rendition Program." The possibilities are endless.I have a lot of sympathy for much of the libertarian stay at home rhetoric, but there's one part of it that I can't follow. If the USA is as imperialist as some say (and I admit it is to some degree) why did we go home after WWII and give all that territory back to the French and Dutch and Germans and Italians?

kong
10-09-09, 12:21
The world continues to get dumber.

M4arc
10-09-09, 12:34
Yet the Prize is, perhaps, a rather too obvious way to communicate disagreement/distaste with the psychopath behaviors of Obama's predecessor - the anti-Nobel Peace candidate. Yeah, I kinda' like the choice.

Figures :rolleyes:

PRGGodfather
10-09-09, 12:52

Yup -- you're prescient! Here's the first wave, from another PC source -- Time magazine via Yahoo!:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20091009/us_time/08599192939500

THE FROG
10-09-09, 12:57
What is your point?

It is what it is.

dirksterg30
10-09-09, 12:59

Buck called himself "humbled." The correct word would be "humiliated." After giving the prize to Kissinger, the committee lost the power to further humiliate itself but not the power to humiliate others. Poor Buck. Can't wait for our newest Peace Prize winner to announce the dispatch of 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Think of the headlines: "Nobel Laureate expands war to Pakistan." "Nobel Laureate Threatens Annihilation of Iran." "Peace Prize Winner Says Guantanamo is Here to Stay." "Nobel Peace Winner Expands Rendition Program." The possibilities are endless.

:confused:

I don't think you are in the right forum.

Here's what you're looking for: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-09-09, 13:01
Frankly, i think Obama was robbed. Why didn't he get one for Medicine and Physics too? I mean come on, he was certainly deserved them just as much.

HwyKnight
10-09-09, 13:01
This man has come nowhere close to doing anything even remotely worthy of this. I've done more than he has. I think I'll run down to the local gum ball machine and see if I can win one.

What an f-ing joke!!!!!!!!!

Submariner
10-09-09, 13:18
Figures :rolleyes:

It does, indeed. Dubya bailed out the bankers on his watch; Buck did the same on his. As the former governor of Alabama said, "There is not a dime's bit of difference" between the two parties.

I have a lot of sympathy for much of the libertarian stay at home rhetoric, but there's one part of it that I can't follow. If the USA is as imperialist as some say (and I admit it is to some degree) why did we go home after WWII and give all that territory back to the French and Dutch and Germans and Italians?

Empires either occupy and rule directly or are paid tribute. In the early '40s, FDR made a deal with the King of Saudi Arabia to price oil in dollars. In exchange, we would give his family security, i.e. keep them in power. After the war, Bretton Woods made the dollar the world reserve currency, as good as gold. Countries could buy US gold at $35/oz. with their dollars. With LBJ's War in Viet Nam and War on Poverty, the US created/printed lots of dollars so as not to have to raise taxes and incur the wrath of voters. France, among others believing that the dollar was being made worth less, traded dollars for gold, depleting the US Treasury. On Aug. 15, 1971, Nixon slammed shot the gold window: no more redemptions of dollars for gold.

We now buy valuable goods and services with dollars created out of thin air instead of exacting tribute. Subtle difference. And the ROW takes them because the have to pay for oil with dollars. What happens if you sell oil for euros instead of dollars? Ask Saddam. Oops, he's dead. Bremer's first act as proconsul was to restore dollar pricing for Iraqi oil.

Artos
10-09-09, 13:29
why do i get the feeling this thread will metion 9/11 was an inside job at some point??

M4arc
10-09-09, 13:33
It does, indeed. Dubya bailed out the bankers on his watch; Buck did the same on his. As the former governor of Alabama said, "There is not a dime's bit of difference" between the two parties.

How many topics are you going to talk about in this thread? I was saying "figures" to the fact that you supported Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize because he wasn't GW. Remember where you said, "Yeah, I kinda' like the choice."?

That's what I was referring to but by all means you might as well use this thread to grandstand about the bailouts, gold, isolationism, etc.

(by the way that was sarcasm)

JPB
10-09-09, 13:34
So you do get special acknowledgement for ignoring the recomendations of your appointed Sec Def.

M4arc
why do i get the feeling this thread will metion 9/11 was an inside job at some point??

No, you're pretty much on the money...it won't be long.

vodomagoo

Well according to Jesse Ventura it was an inside job, they used thermite paint :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ORMuta4JCE

BrianS
10-09-09, 13:44
The list of Nobel Peace Prize laureates is an international who's who of leftwing progressives.

Seeing that the President has been awarded this is just further proof of who's side he is on and the fact that he is a feel good talker of no substance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_Peace_Prize_laureates

Gorbachev won the peace prize (rather than Reagan) for the arms reductions talks between the USSR and USA. Jimmy Carter also won the prize. So rather than having a truly great person who brought peace (through strength) and averted World War III win the prize, Ronald Reagan, the prize went to two invidivuals who's lack of achievement serve to make Reagan even greater in perspective. Gorbachev achieved peace by being defeated by Reagan. Carter brought peace by surrendering to his enemies. Pathetic.

Kofi Anon and the UN won the prize for "their work for a better organized and more peaceful world" the year the twin towers were attacked by groups the UN and the left in general had been ignoring for years. Apparently putting off war for a time gets you an E for effort and the prize.

The IAEA and its head Mohamed Mostafa ElBaradei won the peace prize in 2005. During Mr. Baradei's time as head of the IAEA (97 to present) Pakistan (98) and N Korea (06) both conducted successful nuclear weapons testing. His term is up in November 2009 so if Iran really works hard we can go for 3 countries developing nuclear weapons, assuming they don't already have them.

The Nobel Peace Prize is a pathetic joke.

Submariner
10-09-09, 13:56
How many topics are you going to talk about in this thread? I was saying "figures" to the fact that you supported Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize because he wasn't GW. Remember where you said, "Yeah, I kinda' like the choice."?

That's what I was referring to but by all means you might as well use this thread to grandstand about the bailouts, gold, isolationism, etc.

(by the way that was sarcasm)

So you think Dubya deserved the Peace Prize? That is a bigger laugh than Buck getting it. He has way less blood on his hands than Dubya. But, then, Buck is just getting started.

Did you miss that I was responding to a direct question from another poster as well as addressing you? The irony and hypocrisy in the award is sweet. Or did you read "Yeah, I kinda' like the choice." and simply stop there?

BTW, it's "non-interventionism", not "isolationism.":D

Rider79
10-09-09, 14:01
There's a news item that says he's prepared to cede control of certain regions of Afghanistan to the Taliban.

Is the Sudetenland still available?

Iraqgunz
10-09-09, 14:02
I thought it was a joke until I saw it all over the news. WTF, over?

Rider79
10-09-09, 14:28
I thought it was a joke until I saw it all over the news. WTF, over?

No shit, I saw the thread on here, I was looking for "theonion" in the news links.

civilian
10-09-09, 15:15
You would think the President nominated himself for this award. He himself was shocked that he received it. Someone came up with criteria and decided to give it to him. Get the **** over it. I'm sure he will. When did we become a country of ****ing whiners.

Artos
10-09-09, 16:03
Let's help BHO win this one too:

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contes...smanvote/2009/

:D:D

M4arc
10-09-09, 16:12
So you think Dubya deserved the Peace Prize? That is a bigger laugh than Buck getting it. He has way less blood on his hands than Dubya. But, then, Buck is just getting started.

Did you miss that I was responding to a direct question from another poster as well as addressing you? The irony and hypocrisy in the award is sweet. Or did you read "Yeah, I kinda' like the choice." and simply stop there?

BTW, it's "non-interventionism", not "isolationism.":D

Yeah, that's exactly what I think :rolleyes:

And I pretty much did stop at "Yeah, I kinda' like the choice." because it all starts to run together. I swear, your dribble is no better than the far left or the far right. Just more dribble. I've said it before on Grants old forum and I'll say it again here; it's not your message it's your delivery.

You can think it's sweet if you want to but most of us living in 2009 think it's just more bullshit in a huge pile of bullshit.

rickrock305
10-09-09, 16:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGOZpF9nxOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvIOPiKFrs

Bill Bryant
10-09-09, 16:55
Empires either occupy and rule directly or are paid tribute. True for the most part. Meanwhile, what empires don't do is occupy and then go back home, leaving the formerly occupied territories free to govern themselves again with autonomy. If you think France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, and Japan etc. pay tribute to the USA, or are in some other subtle way part of an American empire, IMO your view of our emperialism is exaggerated. I'm not suggesting that the USA is as pure as the driven snow when it come to international relations. Far from it. But what I am saying is that our "empire" is unlike any before it in history. If you want to see an honest to goodness empire, check out stuff the USSR, the British Empire, the Spanish Empire, the Roman Empire, and so on. Totally different from the USA's current "sphere of influence."

diving dave
10-09-09, 17:32
I suspect he will win an emmy next. After all, his roadshow acting got enough dumbasses to vote for him.

NoBody
10-09-09, 17:33
Barack Obama wins the peace price
http://www.cnn.com ^
Posted on October 9, 2009

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

LOL!!! :D

I guess this is "their" way of rewarding his indecisiveness over Afghanistan. Oops, I mean his strategic review. :rolleyes:

Titleist
10-09-09, 17:37
I have WAY too much time on my hands:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2504/obamang.jpg

BiggLee71
10-09-09, 19:26
I have WAY too much time on my hands:

ROFLMAO!!! Now if we could just come up with a witty saying ( with correct lingo and accent ) to complement your work,that'd be "da shizzle!"

Thirdeye
10-09-09, 19:32
ROFLMAO!!! Now if we could just come up with a witty saying ( with correct lingo and accent ) to complement your work,that'd be "da shizzle!"

Should photo shop Kanye West and Al Gore in there somewhere and say something to the effect of....

"Yo Al...I'm really happy for you....Ima let you finish....but BHO won the most bogus Noble Peace Prize of ALL TIME!"

:D

Thirdeye
10-09-09, 19:35
Oops. Looks like someone beat me to it!

http://imaletyoufinish.com/

Belmont31R
10-09-09, 22:21
What in the hell has he done since been in office?

Spent a few trillion with no way to pay for it.

Has more speeches than days in office.

Told the jews they are bad.

Let NK and Iran do whatever they want.

If "peace" means being an indecisive puss then the award is well earned.

CarlosDJackal
10-10-09, 09:21
The sad thing is the only real reason he was even in the running for this award was because his scumbag Father's genes were stronger than his slutty Mother's. :rolleyes:

The new standard for the Nobel Peace Prize seems to be:

- Must be a Politician.
- Must be a Socialist.
- Must have been born with dark skin.
- Must hate the United States of America.
- Must be a lying bastard.

Alfred Nobel must be rolling in his grave!!

BiggLee71
10-10-09, 11:52
You would think the President nominated himself for this award. He himself was shocked that he received it. Someone came up with criteria and decided to give it to him. Get the **** over it. I'm sure he will. When did we become a country of ****ing whiners.

When did we become a country of whiner? Well to quote Animal from "Full Metal Jacket" ," Flush out your headgear newguy".This country ( besides the Military ) has completely turned into a country of whiny cunts over the last 25 years.You cant even bitchslap someone without getting yourself locked up nowadays.WTF over??? So,something that humans have been doing to each other since the dawn of mankind is all of a sudden,in this overpussified country,illegal?? The liberal,p.c faggots have emasculated this country.They literally cut the balls off of it.No wonder we haven't won a war since W.W.I.I.

R/Tdrvr
10-10-09, 12:15
The liberal,p.c faggots have emasculated this country.They literally cut the balls off of it.No wonder we haven't won a war since W.W.I.I.

Yep. I concur.

At least Castro thinks he deserves it.
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20091010/NEWS-US-NOBEL-PEACE-OBAMA-CASTRO/

rickb210
10-10-09, 12:16
obama winning the nobel peace prize:

standsalone
10-10-09, 12:34
be careful , as current events show... any counter Obama statements make you a racist...lol

rickb210
10-10-09, 13:21
DELETED

M4arc
10-10-09, 14:53

We know he didn't nominate himself and had nothing to do with the selection. We're simply shocked and pissed that so many people think Obama is some superstar with super human powers. The fact is they selected him for being charismatic and for what they "hope" he'll accomplish. In other words they admit he hasn't done anything but they hope he'll earn the award in time.

I wish my company would give me bonuses based on what they hope I will do for them this FY. However, I have a feeling I'll have to earn it before I see the checks.

chadbag
11-13-09, 12:44
Why Bush did not win the Nobel Peace Prize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJymPKaooN0&feature=player_embedded