PDA

View Full Version : Need Recommendations for LE Use of Force Expert

dbrowne1
10-09-09, 10:10
Folks,

I am looking for recommendations for a consulting (and potentially trial) expert on LE use of force and specifically use of the Taser. I am looking for somebody who is both well qualified (LE instructor background, certified Taser instructor, has qualified as an expert before, etc.) and who is even handed and a straight shooter - not someone who has a reputation for whoring for either side of these cases.

Prefer Virgina/DC/Mid-Atlantic location but anywhere in the U.S. is fine for a consultant at this point. Before anyone asks, I am deliberately omitting which "side" (i.e., officer/agency or plaintiff) I'm representing in order to get unbiased responses.

Many thanks,

Dave Browne

ST911
10-09-09, 10:40
Sending you a PM

dbrowne1
10-09-09, 10:59
Got it. Thanks very much.

jt526
10-09-09, 11:07
Sent pm

Doggiecop
10-13-09, 22:57
Dave,

I am sure if you check with Taser the can / will assist you in this matter. They have the records of the folks they have trained as instructors in their weapon.

ST911
10-14-09, 11:31
Dave, I am sure if you check with Taser the can / will assist you in this matter. They have the records of the folks they have trained as instructors in their weapon.

An instructor cert does not an SME make. One must also be quite careful as to the SME they retain.

Before anyone asks, I am deliberately omitting which "side" (i.e., officer/agency or plaintiff) I'm representing in order to get unbiased responses.

If Dave is plaintiff's counsel, I'd not be optimistic about the support TI would provide outside of subpeona. However, TI is very helpful in defending adverse claims against their product and its use.

dbrowne1
10-15-09, 15:01
Just to clarify - this is not a "Taser" case per se, not one that involves product liability issues with the Taser itself. The Taser just happens to be the tool that was used. The use of force and whether it was objectively reasonable under the circumstances is the main issue.