PDA

View Full Version : Prices for lowers?

loki993
10-09-09, 12:15
I'm trying to remember what lowers were going for a few years ago before all the panic buying started. I seem to remember being able to put one together for under 250 or maybe even less? Am I remembering correctly?

Whats the cheapest a lower could be done for now, without using garbage parts of course? It seems that the upper is where you want to spend the good money. More dollars definitely equals better quality in that regard for sure.

I can get Aero Precisions for a pretty decent price locally.

dan45hk
10-09-09, 22:23
I'm trying to remember what lowers were going for a few years ago before all the panic buying started. I seem to remember being able to put one together for under 250 or maybe even less? Am I remembering correctly?

Whats the cheapest a lower could be done for now, without using garbage parts of course? It seems that the upper is where you want to spend the good money. More dollars definitely equals better quality in that regard for sure.

I can get Aero Precisions for a pretty decent price locally.

Spikes is having a sale, $89 for stripped lowers, you can get a Daniel Defense LPK for $70. If you don't care about quality and are satisfied with DPMS LPKs you can get an Aero Lower combo with DPMS LPK for $125 from surplusammo.

loki993
10-10-09, 10:39
I do care about quality. whats the difference between the DPMS and the DD? Trust me if I can get something better, especially for only another 20 dollars, I will.

donnyblaze1
10-10-09, 15:17
I do care about quality. whats the difference between the DPMS and the DD? Trust me if I can get something better, especially for only another 20 dollars, I will.

Spend the extra $20 and never look back.

dan45hk
10-10-09, 17:17

DPMS has spotty QC, DD is new so they are not proven yet but based on reputation they might be. Colt is know for good reliable parts but their LPK is around $200, CMT/Stag is also another good option for less money.

LMTRocks
10-12-09, 17:47
I just bought a spikes lower and their $50lpk and it's working fine. A little trigger polishing here and there will help it, but it's no worse than my LMT Defender stock trigger.

dan45hk
10-12-09, 18:34
I just bought a spikes lower and their $50lpk and it's working fine. A little trigger polishing here and there will help it, but it's no worse than my LMT Defender stock trigger.

They usually fail in 500 to 2000 rounds.

Adam_s
10-12-09, 19:52
They usually fail in 500 to 2000 rounds.

How do you know this? Care to substantiate your claims?
-Adam

dan45hk
10-12-09, 20:08
How do you know this? Care to substantiate your claims?
-Adam

The ar15 forum has a thread under general ar15 titled "What parts break in a carbine class" what would be a good read if you want to find out more.