PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying this gun

Carbinebob
10-09-09, 22:20
Hey guys...New here. Just wanted some quick help identifying this gun my friend claims is a military grade M4:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Lord_Atmo/truthsoon.jpg

jcase64
10-09-09, 22:35
Looks like a 16" barrel. Not military issue. In my experience the more one touts the weapon, the lower the quality. I have a mall ninja buddy who swears he's special forces.

Mac5.56
10-09-09, 22:36
uuuummmm

What is Military Grade?

I am going to be nice, this forum requires a thick skin, and I think you probably joined here just to prove your friend wrong and don't have much interest in firearms/M4.

If you mean MilSpec, it is quite possible that the M4rgery in your friends hands is quite possibly an actual M4 if it is manufactured by Colt or FN and has a fully auto shot selector. Meaning whoever owns the rifle has to have the correct papers, or the gun is illegal in the United States.

But it is completely possible, as you will find just browsing this forum to own a firearm that is up to MilSpec in all areas (minus the shot selector) as a civilian in the United States. Minus the barrel on my M4rgery, my rifle is MilSpec. Does that mean it's "military grade", not to me, maybe to your friend though.

RojasTKD
10-09-09, 22:50
It could be a high quality Civilian version of an M4 (16" barrel vs 14.5" and semi auto), depending on who manufactured it and where the parts came from.

Of course we have no way of knowing from that pic. But it is not a true military M4 as it not a 14.5 incher and almost certainly not a select fire rifle.

Texas_Archer
10-09-09, 22:51
I need to see a uncropped picture of the girl holding the gun to make a informed decission.

Carbinebob
10-09-09, 22:52
It's not select fire? she told me it had burst, but I was skeptic. I couldnt tell from the image.

she claims to have obtained it through special permission and training because she has gangs after her. I just wanted to know what kind of gun it was and if it had burst like she said it does.

superman07
10-09-09, 22:58
obtained it through special permission and training because she has gangs after her

Um........ No.

Not in America.

Carbinebob
10-09-09, 23:18
I see. Well thankgs for the help, guys. I'll come back when I have the money to get into this hobby. I DO have an interest. but as a 21 year old college student who can barely make enough to support myself, firearms kinda had to be put on "hiatus" until I can afford the hobby.

Pardon my ignorance... Just wanted to know what type of gun that was and if anyone could tell if it was select fire

Iraqgunz
10-09-09, 23:23
Real quick before this thing gets too silly.

If she is the actual owner then there is something wrong as she is only 17. The rail system appears to be a YHM.

Tell here to take a picture of the lower receiver where the selector lever is located. Regardless of what "gang" fantasy she has, you have to be of legal age to own an NFA item.

Bottom line she is full of shit and I wouldn't waste my time trying to disprove her claims.

It's not select fire? she told me it had burst, but I was skeptic. I couldnt tell from the image.

she claims to have obtained it through special permission and training because she has gangs after her. She's 17 years old...But I just wanted to know what kind of gun it was and if it had burst like she said it does.

Carbinebob
10-09-09, 23:25
thanks...thats all I needed to know. I'm gonna cease and desist now before I make myself look like an even bigger moron.

Thanks again for the help. I'll come back when I have decent knowledge of this and am ready to own a firearm of my own.

kmrtnsn
10-09-09, 23:35
She is 17 years old. Her knowledge of AR's is probably limited to half understood descriptions told to her by whoever gave her the rifle, coupled with a bit of teenage exaggeration. Anything she says has to be taken with a boulder-sized grain of salt.

perna
10-09-09, 23:38
Airsoft. Check google images- google Guarder Reinforced. First pic.

M4tographer
10-09-09, 23:38
Airsoft.

bkb0000
10-09-09, 23:40
-Questions have been answered. thanks for the help guys.-

WTF is this? we get to see all the answers but not the OP?

Carbinebob
10-09-09, 23:44
Yeah I thought it was airsoft too...I just didnt see an orange tip on it

Mac5.56
10-10-09, 00:13

she claims to have obtained it through special permission and training because she has gangs after her. I just wanted to know what kind of gun it was and if it had burst like she said it does.

And it just gets funnier and funnier. I wish I could tell someone I had "gangs after me" and get a select fire M4. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow, and see what happens...:rolleyes:

Did you meet this girl on the internet?

p.s. Orange Tip? Ever heard of paint?

whiterabbit05
10-10-09, 00:19
She claims to have obtained it through special permission and training because she has gangs after her. I just wanted to know what kind of gun it was and if it had burst like she said it does.

Sounds like someone is trying REALLY hard to impress...

Yeah I thought it was airsoft too...I just didnt see an orange tip on it

Flash hiders can be easily painted or easily swapped out for a non-orange painted one. Yes, they sell non-orange airsoft flash hiders.

Also, tell her to keep her darn finger off of the trigger, airsoft or not. Another sign you can tell someone isn't very knowledgeable about firearms, itchy fingers...

Dunderway
10-10-09, 00:20
Leave high school girls alone.

perna
10-10-09, 00:39
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/ento890/airsoft216.jpg

Carbinebob
10-10-09, 00:40
Point taken. thank you

Mac5.56
10-10-09, 00:47
So is she hot???

(sorry Mods, I can't sleep)

Carbinebob
10-10-09, 00:53
Well im satisfied now. any chance you can lock this ythread before i make mself look like an even bigger idiot? :P

whiterabbit05
10-10-09, 00:57
I don't think anyone here thinks you're an idiot :confused:

It was a completely valid question.

Carbinebob
10-10-09, 01:11
Oh ok. sorry. I just was giving the impression that i joined here jut to prove her wrong. I mean I DO like firearms and such, but I admit to bein a mere novice and do love to learn. So perhaps I will stick around and read a lot more than I post.

motorolahamm
10-10-09, 10:02
Tell her to put her daddys weapon back in the safe ,before she gets hurt or hurts someone else. because those little plastic bbs really sting she might shoot an eye out

Safetyhit
10-10-09, 12:49
Well im satisfied now. any chance you can lock this ythread before i make mself look like an even bigger idiot? :P

That was priceless. Thanks for the laugh.

RojasTKD
10-10-09, 19:16
So perhaps I will stick around and read a lot more than I post.

That sounds like good way to get started.