PDA

View Full Version : Me venting.

kbrdann
10-10-09, 14:41
Wife and i having real problems. Me having problem with civilian life. Me want to get back to middle east. Yes i have had a few few to many beers. Thanks for listening.

kbrdann
10-10-09, 14:44
Decided to to take carbine apart and really clean it.

Mark/MO
10-10-09, 14:59
I can't pretend to know what you've been through or are going through now but remember your not alone. I'll pray for you and your wife.

M4arc
10-10-09, 15:13
Dude, let's not mix firearms, marital problems and alcohol okay? Put the guns away and clean them when you sober up.

HAMMERDROP
10-10-09, 15:18
kbrdann,
I also cannot pretend to know what you are going through - good luck, I too will
pray for you and your wife.
I have problems with my wife too, that seems to be what some do. Wives sure beat the hell out of the alternative.
Consider yourself lucky at least you have a carbine to disassemble and clean,
I had to sell mine. So clean it once for me !

Michael

kbrdann
10-10-09, 15:24
Cleaning done. Wife at football game with freinds. Thanks for your support...

RogerinTPA
10-10-09, 15:41
Dude, let's not mix firearms, marital problems and alcohol okay? Put the guns away and clean them when you sober up.

In total agreement here. Please, put the guns away.

If you truly love your wife and family, you need to learn to adapt or at least tolerate, civilian life. By all means, most of us know how you feel. I have been out for quite a while and I'm still having issues with dealing with civilian life and all that entails. At times, a daily struggle. PTSD comes in many forms, some of which, you may not even be aware of. If you can't handle it alone, please seek some counseling, free from the VA and talk to other Vets. Try to see things from her point of view. It pains me to see how many families/marriages, are breaking up due to this war. Work it out together brother.

kbrdann
10-10-09, 15:51
Thanks for all your support. Guns put away... Yes its hard to deal with all that life puts infront of us. I have been working with a counlser using MDMR. It works but sometimes i need a break. I am sure my wife and i will work threw this. But shit, we vets do so much and give so much most civveis have no idea.

diving dave
10-10-09, 15:56
Yeah find someone who you can talk to bud..Lord knows when theres trouble on the home front, everything seems a mess. I have the divorce to prove it. Prays out to you and your family. I, for one, have a huge amount of graditude for you guys who've been to the sandbox. Marriage isnt easy. I hope things work out for you.

Artos
10-10-09, 20:01
I'm a civi and glad to be one amigo...I was very close to going after my criminal justice degree about the time I started reloading and understanding what guns really do. I decided right then that I did not want to be on the pointy end of a gun on purpose. I have a bunch of leo and military buddies and even helped and backed up some game wardens more than once....can't say it wasn't exciting but again, a little unnerving knowing crosshairs may be on me.

Please don't think that most us red blooded armchair war QB's don't have your back or appreciate the sacifice you do!! All leo's and military are held in high regard in this house hold, nor will I stand for anyone downing them on the forums I visit or in my presense. While I think we need you in the sandbox, your wife needs you too and I'm sure she's spooked to even think of you going back. You have done some precious time my friend.

Try and remember why you & the wife got together....heck, any gal that goes to watch football without the hubby dragging her sounds like a keeper!!:) Make your time over here count and don't let me or any other civi steal your joy. Keep the close friends closer and talk it out.

We will lift you up in prayers as well.

ST911
10-10-09, 21:30
Wife and i having real problems. Me having problem with civilian life. Me want to get back to middle east. Yes i have had a few few to many beers. Thanks for listening.

Me think...

Booze isn't going to help. Booze and guns, certainly not.

I wish you well, but...

goodoleboy
10-11-09, 14:08
Thanks for all your support. Guns put away... Yes its hard to deal with all that life puts infront of us. I have been working with a counlser using MDMR. It works but sometimes i need a break. I am sure my wife and i will work threw this. But shit, we vets do so much and give so much most civveis have no idea.

I've been there, brother. I thought I was going to lose my mind and my wife thought I already had. I didn't meet my wife until after I got back and I had been doing pretty well for almost a year. Then I had a relapse (after we had been married a few months). I refused to get help, then she set me up behind my back when I went for my next yearly physical. She showed up unannounced and spilled the beans when I was in the exam room. I'd never been so embarassed in all my life. My doctor put me on a couple of different medications, that helped my problem, but ruined my love life (If you get my drift). I went off the meds without telling anyone (not a good idea, because I quit cold-turkey)

Long story short, I nearly went crazy from the withdrawal from the meds. What finally helped me more than anything else was writing about it. I had just started college and was writing for an English class. I found relief in writing about my experiences then deleting them (I know it sounds crazy, but it works). I also met a friend in college that just got out with some of the same issues and we confided in each other about some of the stuff we had been through.

You may not ever completely get over some things (I still have nightmares occasionally), but NOTHING like I used to. There is help, you just have to get creative to find relief.

God bless you for your service, brother. Welcome home, and I pray you will find some relief. It was extremely hard for my wife to understand, because she had never been in the miltary, or had a family member who had. She is a registered nurse, so she had cared for people that were in similar circumstances.

My advice, is don't try and be tough. It's not worth a marriage, or your quality of life. You only go around once, friend. Search until you find something that helps.

Buck
10-11-09, 14:39
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2260867/1001116-main_Full.jpg

Me venting.... I love 90 mile an hour tape... :cool:

trappernana
10-11-09, 17:47
Like the others I'm a civy.;) and I thank you for your service:)I don't know what your'e going through but I can say that things always get better.Ya see I turned 40 today. Almost a year to the day I had a broken back in three places,the details aren't important, what is , is that I'll be at my daughter vollyball game tomarrow.I've also been out of work since then and believe it or not some how we are doing very well. Have faith. Life is full of ups and dones. There are many kind and friendly people here. Keep keepin-on Take care of your self and all of those around you. You'll be in my prayers

1859sharps
10-12-09, 00:04
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2260867/1001116-main_Full.jpg

Me venting.... I love 90 mile an hour tape... :cool:

*shakes head*