PDA

View Full Version : What was the title of this movie...

K.L. Davis
02-24-07, 10:31
As a HUGE fan of cheap, Grade-B horror flix... I am at a total loss to recall the name of this movie. It was late 70s or so, the movie was sort of a Deliverance meets monster movie.

I think it was four guys camping/hiking in the mountains, and one by one they come up missing (I know, some plot huh...). Later each is found having been elaboritly killed.

The twist was that they were all doctors and the person hunting them was a patient who was the poster boy for malpratice, and exacting his revenge for the bad medicine.

Any ideas?

Robb Jensen
02-24-07, 10:36
If you remember who the characters were or something you can probably find in here http://www.imdb.com/

M4arc
02-24-07, 11:11
K.L. - I'm a HUGE horror movie fan (love the B movies) and spent many a late Saturday nights watching Chiller Theater out of Pittsburgh. While the plot doesn't ring a bell I rarely missed a movie in the late seventies and early eighties.

Check here to see if anything sounds familiar: http://myweb.wvnet.edu/e-gor/tvhorrorhosts/chillyshow.html

K.L. Davis
02-24-07, 11:42
My google-fu is strong... google "movie horror traction hiking doctors revenge" and the first hit is for the movie Rituals (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076630/).

carshooter
02-24-07, 12:55
K.L. - I'm a HUGE horror movie fan (love the B movies) and spent many a late Saturday nights watching Chiller Theater out of Pittsburgh. While the plot doesn't ring a bell I rarely missed a movie in the late seventies and early eighties.

Wow! Chiller Theater brings back memories. I grew up watching it, too.

M4arc
02-24-07, 13:33
Wow! Chiller Theater brings back memories. I grew up watching it, too.

Good ole Chilly Billy Cardille!

RAM Engineer
02-24-07, 21:28
Good ole Chilly Billy Cardille!

Being from Alabama, I only know him from his role in my favorite movie of all time: Night of the Living Dead!

His daughter starred in Day of the Dead.

HAMMERDROP
02-24-07, 22:05
... with Talia Shire and Robert Foxworth Armand Assante??? Grizzly Bears were eating mercury soaked salmon and mutating and exacting revenge on everybody ? But in the end the giganitc bear was only protecting its equally mutated cub after it was taken by Foxworth being a scientist he had to ask " Why?" Now does it get any campier ? I'm curious if I am close
Michael

K.L. Davis
02-24-07, 22:58
Check four posts above yours ;)

... with Talia Shire and Robert Foxworth Armand Assante??? Grizzly Bears were eating mercury soaked salmon and mutating and exacting revenge on everybody ? But in the end the giganitc bear was only protecting its equally mutated cub after it was taken by Foxworth being a scientist he had to ask " Why?" Now does it get any campier ? I'm curious if I am close
Michael

HAMMERDROP
02-25-07, 11:13
I didn't see that ...sorry

rayray
02-26-07, 15:33
Michael

I liked that one.