PDA

View Full Version : Question about Enidine Buffer

govm4
02-24-07, 18:12
I bought and Enidine buffer and installed it into my M4. At the same time, I installed an AK concepts FH. Man, what a combo. Almost NO recoil.

Problem though...the bolt does not lock back after the last round NO matter what magazine I use. This is the only problem that I have with the buffer. If not for that, it would be ideal.

Anyone have any input into a fix? Change recoil spring?? Different weight??? Other ideas???

Dano5326
02-24-07, 18:31
I had the same issue when shooting weak commercial ammunition. No issues with military greentip, or mk262.

govm4
02-24-07, 19:59
Didnt consider the ammo. I have been shooting Federal AE 55g and GM 55g. I will try some XM193 and 853 tomorow.

Robb Jensen
02-24-07, 21:06
Sounds a lot like weak ammo but can also be a warn gas tube, leaking gas block or loose/leaking carrier key.

Logic
02-27-07, 05:22
The earlier productions of the Enidine Buffer had the lock back issues. The company, however, remedied this problem by softening the internal spring thus fixing the problem. You can return your buffer for a replacement.

ISHOT
02-27-07, 11:26
Guys,

About 5 months ago we tested the Enidine during a 3-day rifle course. I was helping out as adjunct instructor for Pat Goodale and had 2 of my guys run ARs with Enidine.

I have used these for local 3-gun matches and have never had a problem with them but suffice to say that after the 1200-1300 round mark at the class, both rifles with the Enidine succumb to failures. It was the only 2 in a class of 15 shooters that have problems and they happen to run the Enidine.

Suffice to say it got me concerned enough to remove mine from my AR.

BirdDog81
06-18-07, 08:30
Guys,

...after the 1200-1300 round mark at the class, both rifles with the Enidine succumb to failures. It was the only 2 in a class of 15 shooters that have problems and they happen to run the Enidine.

Suffice to say it got me concerned enough to remove mine from my AR.

Helmie,

That was straight with the standard gas tube, correct?
Have you had a chance to try it out with any gas-piston uppers (i.e. Leitner Wise)?

-Whit