PDA

View Full Version : First post: Lost My Blackgun Virginity...

me1911
02-25-07, 10:46
...Just got back into handgunning last summer after about a 30 year hiatus and as if that wasn't enough of a plague on my wallet (I now own 6 handguns) I've caught "black gun fever". Yesterday I ordered a RRA Elite CAR A4 with quad rail. I wasn't going to order one so soon but I thought I'd better go ahead in view of recent political/legislative events. It's my first high powered rifle of any kind, so I have a few things to learn. That's half the fun though so I look forward to learning about AR's and other black guns from experienced people on this forum. It was kind of a difficult decision choosing between the Elite CAR A4 and the new RRA LAR 10, but again, I didn't want to be caught snoozing if another AW ban occurs. The RRA LAR 10 (I know there are others but I wanted the RRA) isn't due out until early summer, at the earliest, although I've heard a few reports of it becoming available within the next month or two. I'm not sure who to believe. I thought the AR 15 might be a little safer to use for HD as I'd much prefer shooting just the BG and not the neighbors too. Other than that it'll be used primarily for targets.
Anyway, just thought I'd say "hey" and maybe get some feedback on my choice of guns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :cool: :cool:

Tom

M4arc
02-25-07, 11:31
Welcome and congrats on the new RRA!

Be sure to follow up with us when it arrives.

JAYTEAM
02-25-07, 13:02
Congratulations!!!!

You will love it. The only downside is you have just commited yourself to a life of poverty. More rifles and accessories will come in droves after you develop Black Rifle Disease. You will catch it... trust me.

Jay

me1911
02-25-07, 14:57
"Congratulations!!!!

You will love it. The only downside is you have just commited yourself to a life of poverty. More rifles and accessories will come in droves after you develop Black Rifle Disease. You will catch it... trust me.

Jay"

Hey Jay,

I think I already have. :rolleyes: :D

Tom

Nathan_Bell
02-25-07, 18:24
Good to have you along for the ride:D

A couple things I have learned while working with the AR platform.

The biggest is to read as much as possible on the platform, then before you believe more than 10% of what you have read; find out who knows their head from a hole in the ground. Once you have done that you are good.

The next is don't get your feelings hurt if one of these guys who really knows the platform says that there is a better product out there than the one you have.

Enjoy the platform, it is the easiest one for modification to your personal needs that I have encountered.
So welcome to M4C and welcome to the AR family.

usmcgrunt
02-26-07, 11:46
Congratulations! I started my AR/M4 build about 2.5 years ago and used RRA for both my upper and lower! It has been a long but fun journey for me! I finally bought my last component for it, my EOTech 553! Now I need to find time and a good place to shoot it! Have fun and keep in touch here!

Grunt Out!

Enthusiast
02-28-07, 17:44
Congratulations!

As you may be starting to find out "Black Guns" can be one of the funnest addictions around.