PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg USPSA (VA)

Robb Jensen
02-25-07, 12:31
This March match has been cancelled do to range conditions from the weather.

This is the match announcement for the March 2007 Fredericksburg USPSA match. If you want to shoot this match email Tino Bad320ATaol.com just remove the AT and replace it with @. The match is $20 (if you don't help setup or tear down) and held at the Fredericksburg Rod and Gun club. Because of the large number of shooters, you must reserve a slot for this match. You can reserve a slot by emailing Tino with the following info: shooters name, uspsa #, division, class, maj./min. and whether you are available for set up on Saturday.

Hello Fellow Shooters,
It looks like Old Man Winter is leaving kicking and screaming. The range is currently under 3-4 inches of snow, and still coming down. Fredericksburg Rod and Gun Club Safety Officers will decide on the condition of the range later this week. I'll forward that information as soon as I receive it.
Until further notice, next Sunday will be the first match of the 2007 season at Fredericksburg. The match will consist of 6-7 stages and 120+ rounds. There will be ONE MORNING TIME SLOT. Sign up for the match will start at 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning and we will begin shooting as soon as it is complete. Set up for the match will be Saturday 3 March at 1:00 p.m. as always help is greatly appreciated.

Later,
Tino

****Applications for the VA/MD Section Championship are available at www.vamdsection.org . Also, the match hotel is the Howard Johnson's (540) 898-1800. Be sure to mention the Virginia-Maryland Section Championship for the match discount rate.

Dport
02-25-07, 16:16
I guess I had better join USPSA. That's too close not to participate in.

Robb Jensen
02-25-07, 16:48
I guess I had better join USPSA. That's too close not to participate in.

You can shoot 1 match w/o being a member. Your classifier stage just won't count until your a member.

Dport
02-25-07, 20:00
I'll get off my butt and join.

I don't have what I would term competition gear, but I think I really should be more concerned about my shooting than the gear itself, for now.

Robb Jensen
02-25-07, 21:42
Just use any carry holster (no shoulder or small-of-back or cross draw holsters) and you'll be set. For Production you should carry at least 4 mags on you, I carry 5 reloads. Some stages are huge.

Dport
02-25-07, 22:06
I have a holster, it's the mag carriers I worry about. I've found that I can put the M&P mags in Glock sport mag holders backwards and they'll fit. I'm going to test that out to see how they retain.

Robb Jensen
02-27-07, 06:23
I have a holster, it's the mag carriers I worry about. I've found that I can put the M&P mags in Glock sport mag holders backwards and they'll fit. I'm going to test that out to see how they retain.

I used Blade-Tech single Glock 17/22 mag pouches with a small piece of velco in it (female side) to tighten up the space in the pouch.

This is my Production rig. IIRC the dropped offset holsters won't be legal in 2008, I guess then I'll just use a regular belt loop on my 560 Safariland holster.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/MPpics005.jpg