PDA

View Full Version : I've been talking about.Here it is (pics)

the.2nd1
10-13-09, 22:52
I'm saving my money for Daniel Defence Omega Handguards an LMT Tactical sight and either an Aimpoint or Eotech .I haven't decided which model either.I'm old school. I still use USGI Mags. I do upgrade them with Magpul Gen 3 Followers.So far so good.
so for the details of the M4 I know it looks like a plain Jane KISS but don't judge a book by it's cover.It's top notch all the way. In my opinion.
Lets start with the Barrel
Daniel Defense M4 1/7 twist Cold Hammer Forged Chromelined Barrel 16 inches
Bravo Company Bolt Carrier and Bolt
H Buffer and M16 BCG
Bravo Company Carry Handle (I Already had it as a spare for the upper
Mil -Spec Upper Receiver sold by Bravo Co
Bravo Co Mil Spec Stock Assembly with Mil Spec Receiver extension
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
Ambidextrous safety selector .I'm left handed
Rock River Arms LPK ( Gonna change most of it when my Daniel Defense LPK arrives.
Yankee Hill Machine Flash hider / muzzle break I'm not sure of the model I took pics of it in case someone knows and can inform me.
I've got an Otis cleaning kit in the grip (very handy)
DPMS Lower receiver they are as good as anyones better than most the fit and finish is excellent. The finish matches very good with my uppers finish.I could have purchase anyones lower I chose it because I look great .Compare one sometime you'll know what I mean.The quality is excellent.PS I would't own A DPMS rifle though.
Here's the pics (I'm a lousy photographer. I can build Nice AR'S though.
http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/012-10.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/013-5.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/014-8.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/015-6.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/018-2.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/019-4.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/020-2.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/021-3.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/022-2.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss145/winfrey57/025-3.jpg
Here's some pics just by looking at it looks just like any AR however you see the quality I used

LMTRocks
10-13-09, 23:05
You'll love the Omega HG. Don't mess with the LMT Tac rear sight---I had one on my LMT and sold it to get more ammo.....
Check out the Vortex Strikefire red dot---uses 123s and is red/green dot switchable. Battery life not nearly Aimpointish, but better than EoTech. $150 everywhere with 2x magnifier and mount. Nice rifle though!

bkb0000
10-14-09, 01:31
the LMT sight is good to go, if you want a fixed rear sight for instant irons or absolute co-witness. i have a couple of 'em, love 'em. otherwise, if you have a dremel or angle-grinder you can make one yourself from that carry handle.

you did good on the build.. specs look great

Quib
10-14-09, 09:04
the LMT sight is good to go...........if you have a dremel or angle-grinder you can make one yourself from that carry handle.

These pics of my CCH BUIS are a few years old, but they show the work I put into reshaping the CH after it was cut.

You can also see the small modification I did to the thumb nut and locking bar, by removing the thumb nut, shortening the bar, and adding aircraft spec hardware for security in place of the standard “bulky“ OEM thumb nut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/CCHSPEC.jpg

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 10:22
I like the A2 BUIS better than those A1.5 sights too.

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 13:45
anyone know which model flash hider this is ?

I found out it's the Phantom 5m1.

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 19:08
I wish more people would post more comments about my carbine I thinks it's one hell of a weapon.Over 500 people have looked at this thread and only a few comments .Please comment I feel ignored.I'm still new to this site

bkb0000
10-14-09, 19:13
aww... you widdle feelers hurt?

if you wanted people to comment, you should have built a piece of shit.

i can start ripping on you for using a DPMS lower receiver, if you want... but it will just be for show, since there's nothing wrong with it.

Quib
10-14-09, 19:13
LOL.....what more do you want to hear? :)

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 20:05
I did a lot of work on this post .First I had to take photos which I don't like doing cause I suck at photography.Then I had to download them to my computer.Then I had to upload them all to photo bucket .Then I had to start the thread doing all that typing .Then I had to down load pics to the thread.I did alot of work on this thread so I can be a somewhat decent contributor.I just thought with all the work I put in it there would be more responces thats all. waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa. LAMS means laughing at myself

Blob
10-14-09, 20:11
Nice rifle. There, ya happy?:p

I have my BCM upper sitting on a DPMS lower, works fine.

RAM Engineer
10-14-09, 20:17
I have those same coasters...

Fireglock
10-14-09, 20:42
I have those same coasters...

The "Welcome" or the flag?

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 20:53
thanks guys I'm feeling better already;)

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 20:55
Nice rifle. There, ya happy?:p

I have my BCM upper sitting on a DPMS lower, works fine.

Blob don't you think DPMS makes a excellent lower receiver? I do. It's as nice as a Smith & Wesson or a Rock River Arms and those are very nice looking lowers.

RAM Engineer
10-14-09, 21:20
The "Welcome" or the flag?

The "Welcome" one. It's next to my bed and I set my water on it every night when I go to bed. I use it every day and yet I never gave it a second thought until I saw this thread. I love that coaster...

Oh yeah, nice rifle.

mrbieler
10-14-09, 22:09
I like that "Fire" is in red. Red is a pretty color.

I can see popping on the DD supplied Magpul trigger guard, but is there a particular reason you'd swap out the RR LPK for DD parts?

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 22:51

I can see popping on the DD supplied Magpul trigger guard, but is there a particular reason you'd swap out the RR LPK for DD parts?

All I was going to change out is the fire control group leaving the rest as is

the.2nd1
10-14-09, 22:53

All I was going to change out is the fire control group leaving the rest as is except for the trigger guard

cschwanz
10-15-09, 08:08
...Please comment I feel ignored.I'm still new to this site

I dont like the fabric pattern on your couch.......:p

rifle looks good!! i've just about got my funds in order for my first AR. Youll have to give a range report once you take it out.

Safetyhit
10-15-09, 11:58
I wish more people would post more comments about my carbine I thinks it's one hell of a weapon.Over 500 people have looked at this thread and only a few comments .Please comment I feel ignored.I'm still new to this site

Now that's epic.

lanceriley
10-15-09, 12:30
Nice KISS rifle...

maybe get and RDS and an LMT rear?

Ak44
10-15-09, 12:54
Nice rifle, I like how you did the "Safe" and "Fire". What did you use to color it in?

10-15-09, 13:06
For a little bit more $$$ you could have had a Colt, or BCM, or... . Somebody had to say it. DPMS does not build a lower as good as anyone. If given a choice the majority, of M4C's users, would not take a DPMS if the choice was between Colt, LMT, Noveske, BCM, or DD.

You stated DPMS was as good as anyone and better than most, this is certainly not the case.

bkb0000
10-15-09, 13:40
For a little bit more $$$ you could have had a Colt, or BCM, or... . Somebody had to say it. DPMS does not build a lower as good as anyone. If given a choice the majority, of M4C's users, would not take a DPMS if the choice was between Colt, LMT, Noveske, BCM, or DD.

You stated DPMS was as good as anyone and better than most, this is certainly not the case.

it's just a stripped lower.. makes absolutely no difference

the.2nd1
10-15-09, 14:32

As stated above a stripped lower doesn't make any difference as long as it's in spec which my lower is.Plus I wanted to build my own rifle getting the parts as I got the money.I build AR's all the time my build is just as good as any of them.Actually I guarantee I pay more attention to detail than some assembly line worker slapping them together.Again my DPMS lower makes no difference in the quality of this build.Like I said earlier too I would'nt own a DPMS rifle however the lower makes no difference.People in the know will know what I'm talking about apparently you don't.

Rock-N-Ruin
10-15-09, 15:08
Sounds like your trying to justify the use of a DPMS lower to yourself... With all the other choices out there, I would have picked something else.. That's my personal opinion and it's also free!

Thomas M-4
10-15-09, 15:12
it's just a stripped lower.. makes absolutely no difference

BKB right no difference. As long as it is in spec. The mag well not to tight trigger works right on and on as long as everything fits as it should it makes zero difference.

the.2nd1
10-15-09, 15:15
Sounds like your trying to justify the use of a DPMS lower to yourself... With all the other choices out there, I would have picked something else.. That's my personal opinion and it's also free!

I know I could have chose a better name brand.However the upper and the lower matching is important to me.More important than the name of my lower receiver.I know the color of the DPMS would match perfect that's one reason I bought it.
Judging a rifle by the maker of the lower receiver is just nonsense to me.All lowers are basically the same. The finished machining is basically all the difference there is

the.2nd1
10-15-09, 15:19
Nice rifle, I like how you did the "Safe" and "Fire". What did you use to color it in?

Brownell's sells the lacquer marker type pencils

MarshallDodge
10-15-09, 15:53

I am sorry but I didn't see anything special about the gun to make a comment. We see a lot of carbines around here and yours is not necessarily impressive but I do like the simplicity.

If you stick around here you will noticed that a lot of folks are impressed by how a gun runs, not necessarily how it looks.

Like some others have stated, buy a couple cases of ammo and run it. Show it next to a big pile of empty brass and tell us how well it did. :cool:

JAYTEAM
10-15-09, 16:10
It looks like you're off to a pretty good start. Choose whichever BUIS you like. There is nothing wrong with the LMT, IMHO. I would take an Aimpoint over an Eotech, and I would switch to an adjustable sling (like a Vickers). Daniel Defense makes nice rails, so you should have a really nice carbine by the time you're finished.

Jay

10-15-09, 21:10
Sounds like you are more concerned over fit and finish. No prob. Most people here aren't. Coloring in your safe/fire=ghey.

the.2nd1
10-16-09, 09:41
Sounds like you are more concerned over fit and finish. No prob. Most people here aren't. Coloring in your safe/fire=ghey.

you are funny.you're the first to ever make a comment like that. lmao

10-16-09, 11:33
Glad to see you have a sense of humor my friend. Don't take anything I'm saying as me trying to beat up on you or give you sh**. I have my opinions that I feel are justifiable and others do the same.

Man begins working at a lumber camp way back in the Canadian woods. After 2-3 days, he begins to talk about how he needs a woman. Co-worker says no women there and no time off. Co-worker says there is a barrel with a hole behind the saloon, stick your pecker in it, and have a good time.

Guy runs out to try it. Comes back 15 min. later and says it was superb, and he'll be visiting every day. Co-worker says that's great, but he can't visit on Sundays. Guy says why. Co-worker says because that's his day in the barrel.

the.2nd1
10-16-09, 14:01
Glad to see you have a sense of humor my friend. Don't take anything I'm saying as me trying to beat up on you or give you sh**. I have my opinions that I feel are justifiable and others do the same.

Man begins working at a lumber camp way back in the Canadian woods. After 2-3 days, he begins to talk about how he needs a woman. Co-worker says no women there and no time off. Co-worker says there is a barrel with a hole behind the saloon, stick your pecker in it, and have a good time.

Guy runs out to try it. Comes back 15 min. later and says it was superb, and he'll be visiting every day. Co-worker says that's great, but he can't visit on Sundays. Guy says why. Co-worker says because that's his day in the barrel.

now that's funny I don't care who you are:D