PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC on Zumbo (article

Dave L.
02-25-07, 13:16
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17307316/from/ET/

Business_Casual
02-25-07, 14:04
Next target: Pat Wray. Does he have any sponsors? What right does he have to tell me what reaction I should have to Zumbo's article?

M_P

Striker5
02-25-07, 14:04
This is some of the most positive stuff i've seen in a while. They should form an "I helped oust Zumbo" club as a grassroots organization when bills and bans crop up. They've got a great idea on 10-8 to have Zumbo to do a carbine class - mend the fence, display unity, and destroy Zumbo's usefulness as a martyr for Leftofacists. Bra-vo.

-H-
02-25-07, 14:17
a rift could emerge between hunters, who tend to have the most money for political contributions to gun rights causes, and assault-weapon owners, who tend to have lots of passion but less cash.

Trying to paint non-hunter gun owners as poor. Typically poor people are not well educated. Another generalization is that poor uneducated people are more likely to be criminals.

Last I checked, that weird crusty guy on bench #4 shooting 8" groups through his 30-06 at 50 yards with a WalMart no name brand scope with plastic rings wearing dirty sweat pants and a smelly flannel, had about 300-400 bucks into his gun. Now, some of us put that much money into the barrel we choose for our next build.....

Who do we have pumping out pro 2nd Amendment propaganda into the mainstream media? I say we start making our own negative generalizations about the people who oppose the 2nd Amendment.

carshooter
02-25-07, 14:39
Quote:
a rift could emerge between hunters, who tend to have the most money for political contributions to gun rights causes, and assault-weapon owners, who tend to have lots of passion but less cash.

I call BS on that, too.

I've suffered from EBR disease for years, but I've also spent the last 9 years trying to eek a living out of the firearms industry behind the counter at two different fairly high volume retail stores.

It's active shooters who keep the industry alive, and active shooters who are the political activists. There are varying disciplines and sub cults within the active shooting community, but for the most part, but, IMHO and experience, hunters (even well heeled ones) are NOT activists.

The average avid hunter prides himself on NOT shooting much. They may shoot 6 rounds per year. 5 to verify zero, and one to kill an animal.

Don't get me wrong, I see no reason to be divisive, and openly embrace any one who enjoys any type of firearms, but mainstream media has an agenda.

The agenda includes divide and conquer.

The average EBR owner spends more on EBR's, accessories and ammo in one year than the average avid hunter does in a lifetime.

I would hope that any EBR enthusiast puts some money where their mouth is and is financially politically active.

Pat_Rogers
02-25-07, 15:04
This is some of the most positive stuff i've seen in a while. They should form an "I helped oust Zumbo" club as a grassroots organization when bills and bans crop up. They've got a great idea on 10-8 to have Zumbo to do a carbine class - mend the fence, display unity, and destroy Zumbo's usefulness as a martyr for Leftofacists. Bra-vo.

Once more.....Not to take anything away from them, but 10-8 has absolutely nothing to do with this.
This is purely an incentive by Denny Hansen at SWAT magazine, who made the offer on The Nuge's board.
Denny asked me to do the class and i accepted.

me1911
02-25-07, 15:25
...toward 2A people ("Wray said that what happened to Zumbo is a case study in how the NRA has trained members to attack their perceived enemies without mercy."). The NRA didn't "train " me or any other 2A supporter to think like we do. Although I strongly support the NRA I can think for myself quite well and so can most other 2A supporters. I joined the NRA because they think like I do. I didn't join the NRA to be "trained" how to think. I already believed as I did and I still do. And since the NRA believes as I do...I joined. I find Wrays comments very condescending and he infers we cannot think for ourselves. Sounds much more like antigun "sheeple" behavior to me. :mad: :mad:

Tom

Crash
02-25-07, 21:19
Once more.....Not to take anything away from them, but 10-8 has absolutely nothing to do with this.
This is purely an incentive by Denny Hansen at SWAT magazine, who made the offer on The Nuge's board.

That's fantastic. The first day that this hit, someone asked me what it would take for me to forgive him. I said that I'd like to see his next outdoor show be a special on the M4 Carbine, prefferably as an understudy of Pat Rogers.

As someday I hope that my wife and I too, will be understudies of yours.

Thank you for your efforts Sir.

Bolt_Overide
02-25-07, 23:11

I had no idea Nuge had a board, for the love of god someone link me please?!

Business_Casual
02-26-07, 07:12
http://www.tnugent.com/cgi-bin/tnusa/nugeboard3/Ultimate.cgi