PDA

View Full Version : Drop holster with UBL modification works great!!!

Rickenbacker53
10-15-09, 11:45
I had purchased a 6365 holster and the tactical shroud that Safariland sells separate. I bought it this way because I wanted to try the tactical drop leg holster and couldn't find it in stock. It also gave me a way to try both setups with the ability to return one if need be.

After shortening the strap on the shroud I had a perfect fit. The only problem is I noticed when I ran or went prone the belt loop had a tendency to slide on my belt. If had the need to un-strap my leg, the shroud would move all over.

None of this was a shock. I have read it happens to others all the time. It was the biggest reason I bought the parts separate. Like I mentioned above.

Besides that it was already the modified version of what several seem to have done to their drop legs.

I had purchased one of these 3404

Don't buy one. What a pain and it didn't work at all.

Just as an after thought I decided to see if I could mount the 1 1/2 drop UBL to the front of the shroud. I had to use slightly longer screws but it and the holster went right on.

Works awesome. Holster stays in place regardless of what I do. I also noticed when running I didn't have the feel of the holster and shroud flopping.

This setup works great. For anyone who has modified their drop leg to ride higher you need to try this.

I am actually surprised Safariland hasn't tried this. It fits on the front of the shroud like it was purposely designed to be there.

If anyone is interested I will take a picture later. Here's the parts I used:

I took this:

And mounted it along with the holster to the top of this.

Obviously I took the strap off first.

scottryan
10-15-09, 12:53
tag for later reading

SiGfever
10-15-09, 14:18
I ordered a 6365 Drop UBL holster and I am interested in trying your setup, what is the part number for the leg piece (6004-10)?
Thanks

Rickenbacker53
10-16-09, 08:49
I ordered a 6365 Drop UBL holster and I am interested in trying your setup, what is the part number for the leg piece (6004-10)?
Thanks Yes that is the correct number I purchased my stuff from Copquest. Call them and they will tell you what's in stock. They don't have a 15% restocking fee either.

I realize some of these places are small but money these days is hard enough to come by. It can be very frustrating when you order something and it's not at all what you want. You return it and they take 15 % back from you. Seems a bit un-ethical to me.

They sure want to sell you in the first place. A bit off the subject sorry. Here's a link to that part.

http://www.copquest.com/23-6100.htm