PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Middie AR Assembly

steven58
10-15-09, 15:46
Hi All,

Just put the finishing touch on my new mid-length AR assembly (the Aimpoint T-1 just dropped of by the BBT)

Bravo Company: mid length upper, bolt carrier group and receiver extension kit with H buffer:
Essential Arms: lower receiver
Daniel Defense: lower parts kit, rear sight and optic mount
Magpul: MOE stock and grip
Cavalry Arms: mid length handguards
Blue Force Gear: VCAS Sling and universal wire loop front sling attachment
Noveske: QD endplate and swivel.

I was hesitant at first about using a battery operated sight. However, after researching Aimpoint sights I was convinced enough to give it a try.

It helps that the Magpul MOE grip takes the MIAD core designed to hold 2 AA batteries in a hermetically sealed container. As you can see in the picture, by interesting coincidence, it also holds 4 2023 batteries in their sealed wrappers. At approximately 5 years per battery that gives me about 25 years worth of back up. I'll just rotate through these to keep them under the 10 year shelf life!

So far, I have only put 300 rounds through it with the iron sights. It runs great no jams, no problems. It locks back on wolf 75 gr. .223 and shoots great with centurion 55 gr. 5.56. Even my "test" magazine (an old beat up, dented national guard reject picked out of the armory trash in 1988) didn't jam it.

I can't wait to get it to the range with the T1!

steven58
10-15-09, 18:59
Moderator,

Please move to appropriate AR forum.

Thx.:o