PDA

View Full Version : 1911 fan gift ideas

sadmin
10-16-09, 09:00
Good Morning All,

My Boss is a big 1911 fan, shoots and owns many fine models ranging from collectible Colt antiques to Kimber Customs, to very very custom. Hes a very wealthy guy so the cost of these isnt an issue. He recently promoted me at work, which caused a salary increase of about 50%, really changing my future for the better. Needless to say im grateful and would like to get him something nice as a Christmas.

Whats a good 1911 related gift idea? It could be historical, parts, holster something different and thoughtful. Price range is under 500.00. Thanks for any information, have a great morning.

-sadmin

geminidglocker
10-16-09, 09:22
Perhaps a bushing wrench with a custom embellishment like engraving, his name or initials perhaps. A set of fancy grade wooden grip panels, or perhaps Mammoth Ivory grips.

ra2bach
10-16-09, 09:27
Perhaps a bushing wrench with a custom embellishment like engraving, his name or initials perhaps. A set of fancy grade wooden grip panels, or perhaps Mammoth Ivory grips.

the Mammoth Ivory is a great gift because even if he already has a set, no two are exactly alike. but I'd find out his views on animal killin' first. maybe just get him a baby seal skin holster....

:D

Business_Casual
10-16-09, 09:30
Send him to a Larry Vickers 1911 class. He will never get better instruction or insight into the design than from LAV.

M_P

Artos
10-16-09, 10:00
Send him to a Larry Vickers 1911 class. He will never get better instruction or insight into the design than from LAV.

M_P

Excellent idea....

I always liked the Colt ACE .22LR conversion kits too. He probably has the Kimber.

Also, congrats on the raise!! Sounds like you are appreciated as well.

sadmin
10-16-09, 13:43
Great ideas guys...thanks. I will look into the grips. My fathers good buddy is a Briley; I dont think my boss has anything from them. I will talk to him and see if he can get me anything...with a 75% off coupon. :p
take care.