PDA

View Full Version : Holster for an ALICE belt?

SoDak
10-17-09, 20:52
Simple question, I'm looking for a decent handgun holster that will work on an ALICE belt. Holsters that can slide on the belt will also work since the previous owner modded the belt so you can take off the buckle and slide on a pouch. If it matters it needs to work with a (sigh) XD-40 with a 5" barrel.

BC520
10-18-09, 01:14
Any holster for a 2 1/2 inch belt then.

Depends on your needs and price range. My first pick is a 6280. Depends though...

jtb0311
10-18-09, 07:03
Bianchi GI holster?

kmrtnsn
10-18-09, 12:48
Why have a five dollar belt limit your selection of holsters? A decent belt would give you many more options.

SoDak
10-19-09, 20:37
Why have a five dollar belt limit your selection of holsters? A decent belt would give you many more options.

What would you recomend(honest question here)? I figured on running an alice belt since I have it and I figured it would work for my plan. What I want is to have a holster that would work on an alice belt, but also on a regular belt. The safariland looks like a good choice. My plan was to make a belt with a handgun, 2 spare hangun mags, 2 rifle mags, and a flashlight. I figured an alice belt was tough and stiff enough that it could just be buckled on over my regular belt in a hurry(basically I'm making a grab and go belt here).

kmrtnsn
10-19-09, 21:33
The ALICE belts, with all of those useless grommets make threading a holster, especially a duty type mount, very difficult. You'll also have problems with pouches if you are shopping from the L.E. catalogs. Also, the ALICE is 2.5 wide. Many holsters are cut/sized for 2-2.25 or less. A quality belt from Safariland, Tactical Tailor, or the others will make you life a lot easier in the long run when it comes to putting holsters and pouches on it or taking them off. As far as Safariland Holsters go, they are my preference for duty use.

SoDak
10-19-09, 22:36
I see. Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look into a belt now.