PDA

View Full Version : Removal of VLTOR Modstock?

M4Fundi
10-18-09, 03:10
I'm currently trying to remove my VLTOR Modstock and replace with a Magpul CTR...

How do I get the VLTOR off?

Thanks

bkb0000
10-18-09, 03:22
have you consulted this?

http://www.vltor.com/manuals_modstock.htm

i'd help more, but i's ignant. the modstock's oldschool.

M4Fundi
10-18-09, 03:25
Yes, I have Grunt Brain and do not understand it:p

I see the column that slides thru the stock lever and it has a roll pin. I don't see anything in the directions concerning this...and I don't see how to get to the tube screw thru some slot..:confused:

M4Fundi
10-18-09, 03:27
I'm going to get a beer and a 4 lb sledge...those usually help;)

I just got my MOE handguard, Tango Stubby on and want to get my CTR on to shoot tomorrow

Ak44
10-18-09, 03:38
Pull down on the lever you use to slide the stock back and forth. You should be able to slip it completely off. This is coming from a Grunt as well...and I'm not a knuckle dragger by any means.

M4Fundi
10-18-09, 03:45
Wow, that was friggin easy...instead of pushing down on the lever all the way...I grabbed the flanged base of the front of the lever and pulled it all the way and it slipped right off...THANKS!

Now I will start on the CTR:p

CTR is on, wooohooo...now I hope I like it ;-)

gamo
10-20-09, 15:20
I'm currently trying to remove my VLTOR Modstock and replace with a Magpul CTR...

How do I get the VLTOR off?

Thanks

Fundi, just wondering, any particular reason you switched from Modstock to CTR?

M4Fundi
10-21-09, 18:19
There is honestly a bit of theory here and a bit of I just wanted to try it out. I'm trying to see just how light I can make my N4 Basic. So, I decided for the time being to skip my original desire for the Omega 7 and go with the MOE hand guard. I decided for this build I did not intend on using the storage compartments on the Vltor and that the cheek weld on the CTR worked fine for a short range shooter and the CTR does not grab the beard like the Vltor does ;-) I also like the way the rubber pad on the CTR does not slip on my shoulder when moving the way the Vltor does (rarely, but sometimes) and the tight lock up on the CTR is great. I am not throwing out the Vltor yet as I do like it very much, but the CTR is a little more in line with the overall theme of this build. Plus I got a great deal on all the new Magpul items:p If this rifle was going to be fired more from the prone I would stick with the Vltor, but this rifle will be used for HD & 3Gun.