PDA

View Full Version : Colt part kits

bubba04
10-18-09, 11:42
Does anyone know anything about these part kits?http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/rifles/ar-style-rifles/p/colt-m16a1-parts-kit%2C-w-new-20in-barrel-very-good-to-excellent-condition/cPath/209_216/products_id/3920

I was thinking this could be made into a long distance shooting platform. I would change out the upper to an essential arms flat top. My big question is who is the maker of the barrel...and what tooling needs to be performed to complete it.

It may be cheaper to just build one from scratch though.

loki993
10-18-09, 17:20
I don't know. It would be nice to know is they were all genuine Colt parts though, the barrel isn't obviously, but the rest. One thing that bothers me from the Ad : "trigger group Internals (may be missing some small parts)", also it says all NFA rules apply, In not sure if they're saying that to cover, or because they are supposedly M16 parts there NFA.

kmrtnsn
10-18-09, 22:20
In my opinion, too much money for what you are getting. The old A1 furniture you can find 100 people who would give it away for free because no on wants or can use it anymore. The fixed carry handle upper, again, who would want it unless building a 1965 retro rifle? My recommendation would be to go to Bravo Company or G&R and buying a nice upper to mount on your lower.

loki993
10-19-09, 08:50
In my opinion, too much money for what you are getting. The old A1 furniture you can find 100 people who would give it away for free because no on wants or can use it anymore. The fixed carry handle upper, again, who would want it unless building a 1965 retro rifle? My recommendation would be to go to Bravo Company or G&R and buying a nice upper to mount on your lower.

Yeah ?I kinda read around and it seems that the consensus is that your not really getting a lot for your money.

Whats the deal with the A1 parts? you say people cant use then anymore? why is that?

nicky gunz
10-20-09, 18:02
ive owned a few ar's with the fixed carry handle, i cant stand having to mount on top of it. Cosmetically not what i'm looking for especially if im building it from scratch...like the gentleman before me said, check out bravo company theyre great to do business with. I'm looking at my phamphlet that came with my 22 conversion kit theres some really affordable uppers available right now. Check them out.

tirod
11-05-09, 08:16
It's a pile of old Colt parts that was a machine gun, and tube thrown in. Some could find that useful, not so much for an AR builder.

pezboy
11-05-09, 10:40
I doubt that all the parts are from the same rifle. If it was demilled, why would the barrel be gone? Also, the LPK would HAVE to be after market. USGI M16s didn't have semi auto hammers, triggers, and selectors. If it is a late M16A1 upper, then it wouldn't have the type D solid buttstock.
The parts kit may or may not be worth that much, depending on condition of the parts and if they actually are Colt or not. If I were you, I would just get the parts seperately. It may cost less or more, but you will know what you are getting. If you just want a good condition upper and don't care if it is USGI, get a Nodak Spud. USGI M16 barrels are hard to find right now, so keep your eye out.
Dustin