PDA

View Full Version : The flat sections on M500 series Surefire's???

chapperjoe
02-26-07, 15:43
What are they for?

I've always been draw to the integrated forearm series of surefires and always wondered what the flat sections are for...??? They seem to be randomly placed top and bottom...???

http://i12.tinypic.com/4c99ac5.jpg

RAM Engineer
02-26-07, 18:29
I *think* I remember reading (years ago) that the flats were for a VFG that SF was going to release but that never materialized. However, that would not explain why they are on the top, as well as the bottom, unless lefties are advised to flip the entire unit...

nyeti
02-26-07, 22:46
I actually prefer to run mine with the light on the bottom.

Glockster35
03-18-07, 09:02
Mine is mounted on the top, but I have seen several mounted upside down, so I believe they were built for right handed shooters and wrong handed shooters! :)

UVvis
03-19-07, 12:17
I believe they were built for right handed shooters and wrong handed shooters! :)

Hey, watch it!

Having these upside down is about the ideal placement for a lefty like me. When mine is one my rifle, it goes on upside down.

talbalos
03-19-07, 12:35
What are they for?

I've always been draw to the integrated forearm series of surefires and always wondered what the flat sections are for...??? They seem to be randomly placed top and bottom...???
The flats are meant for optional accessory rails. At one time SureFire offered them for sale.