PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster wins!

BAC
10-18-09, 15:55
Specifically, Bushmaster/Maxim Magazine win!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/Shuggerz/Miscelaneous%2075/DSC00525.jpg

http://www.lightfighter.net/smilie/24.gif

-B

bkb0000
10-18-09, 15:57
BMs come with Tac-latches and CTRs?

i love the little quote at the bottom... "If it's good enough for the professional, it's good enough for you. Bushmaster. The world's finest commercial AR-platform rifle."

Outlander Systems
10-18-09, 16:38

i love the little quote at the bottom... "If it's good enough for the professional, it's good enough for you. Bushmaster. The world's finest commercial AR-platform rifle."

On a technicality, they are correct. Ask IraqGunz. He's a professional, and IIRC, he's issued a BM.

What they don't state is whether or not said professionals are "feelin'" their BMs.

Rider79
10-18-09, 17:48
Regardless of the quality of a Bushmaster, for the magazine its in, it is a pretty cool ad.

JackOSU
10-18-09, 18:31
I'm more concerned validating my "man card" with what's on the next page! :D

Reddevil
10-18-09, 18:38
Consider your man card reissued.

Yeah, and watch it taken away just as fast in a 3 day EAG course when your gas key comes loose.

variablebinary
10-18-09, 18:44
The Metrosxuals that read Maxim will probably think it's a clever ad for a pubic hair trimmer

Robb Jensen
10-18-09, 20:18
I think the page on the right WINS!

ZDL
10-18-09, 20:42

Spiffums
10-18-09, 20:59

Last I hear Texas DPS issues Bushmaster...........that means Walker, Texas Ranger has a Bushmaster.:D

m4fun
10-18-09, 21:18
No matter what - kuddos to their PR/Marketing groupfor picking such a fine periodical to advertise in. Lets face it, Liberals are pussy man-want-to-be's scared of other's guns, hence get rid of them all. This is a good stuff!

SWATcop556
10-18-09, 21:57
Last I hear Texas DPS issues Bushmaster...........that means Walker, Texas Ranger has a Bushmaster.:D

Chuck Norris doesn't need a Bushmaster......................Bushmaster needs Chuck Norris!! :cool:

5pins
10-18-09, 22:56
I think the page on the right WINS!

I would rather master there bush then have a Bushmaster.

The Dumb Gun Collector
10-19-09, 11:31
I am glad to see a gun manufacturer doing mainstream advertising that isn't limited to hunting scenes.

Zhurdan
10-19-09, 12:00

No no no... Texas Ranger has a Walker MADE of Bushmaster. ;)

30 cal slut
10-19-09, 12:22
love the ad, even if the rifle is, well, err, umm ... ;)

i wonder if this is going to trigger some protest or boycott against maxim.

having said that ... there's no such thing as bad publicity, right?

10-19-09, 12:43
IG is a private contractor that is an armorer. He isn't issued a weapon AFAIK; he's not downrange.

He doesn't think highly of BM's. However, I did hear he got his cock blown off. Love ya' Will.

SteyrAUG
10-19-09, 13:47
I am glad to see a gun manufacturer doing mainstream advertising that isn't limited to hunting scenes.

+1

And conversely I'm glad to see mainstream periodicals that run such advertising.

10-19-09, 14:13
Greg and Steyr- Both good points. I'm surprised, and glad, to see the ad.

RogerinTPA
10-19-09, 14:35
I saw that ad. I had quite the laugh! As others have stated, excellent ploy for BM. A+ for Marketing, MAJOR F (AIL) for the product.

SteyrAUG
10-19-09, 15:55
I saw that ad. I had quite the laugh! As others have stated, excellent ploy for BM. A+ for Marketing, MAJOR F (AIL) for the product.

Actually in 20+ years I've found them to be quite reliable and well made. Sure they aren't parkerized under the FSB so they ain't mil spec. And I know the carrier keys aren't super staked and welded into place...but I've never had a problem with one.

If I were gonna go to the hills, my Bushmasters are sorta low on my "first to grab" list, but some of you guys talk about them like they are Oly rifles.

Cagemonkey
10-19-09, 20:16
Can't wait for the next issue of Maxim Mag. Will have to check the letters section and see how much Flak they get from the Liberal readers.

Iraqgunz
10-20-09, 01:55
Actually I was issued a BM for the 22 months that I was on that last contract and we had them on another contract I was on back in 06-07. They were still crap and no I don't want a Bushmaster man card.

IG is a private contractor that is an armorer. He isn't issued a weapon AFAIK; he's not downrange.

He doesn't think highly of BM's. However, I did hear he got his cock blown off. Love ya' Will.

Rider79
10-20-09, 02:39
Yeah, and watch it taken away just as fast in a 3 day EAG course when your gas key comes loose.

Good one.

10-20-09, 08:41
IG- Didn't know that. I stand corrected. What you forgot to mention were the other sweet guns you regularly got to play with. Did you see any HK 416's?

cpekz
10-20-09, 09:00

Bingo. I'm still happy to see an ad like this in a magazine that isn't specifically geared towards a gun-loving demographic. I think this a good sign that EBR's are becoming generally more accepted in mainstream society. They are no longer being thought of as weapons only for criminals and 'terrorists', or people with ill-intent. Looking at the bigger scheme of things, this is definitely a good thing.

On a side note, I still think Bushmaster is hot garbage :D