PDA

View Full Version : Sling system?

longrange18
10-18-09, 16:27
Movie still from Transformers depicting Tyrese with an M4. Anyone know what sling system he is using?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6b/Trans-M203-1.jpg/800px-Trans-M203-1.jpg

kmrtnsn
10-18-09, 16:30
Judging by the ring and the hook clip it looks a lot like an MS2 to me. Not enough detail in the pic to say for sure.

bkb0000
10-18-09, 17:14
some floppy single point.. nice cheekweld/eye-relief he's got goin there

Outlander Systems
10-18-09, 18:31
some floppy single point.. nice cheekweld/eye-relief he's got goin there

No shit, right?

I want whatever that ACOG is.

;)

Belmont31R
10-18-09, 18:34
No shit, right?

;)

I don't see how people can shoot with optics mounted on the carry handle. Especially no excuse when its a flat top and detachable carry handle. WTF?

As to the sling...doesnt look like an MS2 to me. Looks like something using a HK hook with the mount by the castle nut area. You can see the circle for the mount.

Outlander Systems
10-18-09, 18:36
I don't see how people can shoot with optics mounted on the carry handle.

Nothing like a good solid "neck weld", right?

;)

bubba04
10-18-09, 18:49
I don't see how people can shoot with optics mounted on the carry handle. Especially no excuse when its a flat top and detachable carry handle. WTF?

the neck weld may work better with the optics on the carry handle?.....

gruntinhusaybah
10-18-09, 18:56
its probably a hollywood special. For movies they will take items they have laying around to make weapons accessories and things like that, its probably a dog leash in real life.
The guns from Aliens started life as a Thompson smg

just curious, why do you want to know what sling this is anyways?

Col_Crocs
10-18-09, 18:57
No shit, right?

;)

It's the hollographic one with the 65MOA smiley face reticle. :D

longrange18
10-18-09, 19:19
its probably a hollywood special. For movies they will take items they have laying around to make weapons accessories and things like that, its probably a dog leash in real life.
The guns from Aliens started life as a Thompson smg

just curious, why do you want to know what sling this is anyways?

Interested in a single point for my rifle project. The MS2 looks like one of the best right now. Just wandering if someone could name this one.

RogerinTPA
10-18-09, 19:31

Prior to flat top receivers, carry handle mounted optics were the standard. It was, and still is literally, a pain in the neck, but once the optic was zeroed, it was effective. Something you just got used to. Thank God that day has long past.

kmrtnsn
10-18-09, 20:06
Remember how high the old PVS-4's sat on top of a carry handle? Talk about sight over bore axis and an impossible weld!

ztf HITMAN
10-21-09, 20:46
Don't Know what that sling is, but the MS2 looks to be a nice system. Single point is nice but you don't have to give up the 2 point with the MS2.

BBossman
10-21-09, 21:27
Don't Know what that sling is, but the MS2 looks to be a nice system. Single point is nice but you don't have to give up the 2 point with the MS2.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33734

ztf HITMAN
10-21-09, 21:49
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33734

Nice DIY!

rutro12
10-22-09, 20:51
Longrange18 here's a link to a nice single point set up that works well and can be a DIY project if you have a few parts and peices, http://www.spectergear.com/mout_sling.htm, just a thought.

cpekz
10-23-09, 14:17
I think it's funny that they set up an ACOG on a removable carry handle. Good shit :cool:

Safetyhit
10-23-09, 18:06

Completely agree. No offense to the OP, but using way over-hyped movies to reference actual firearm components and/or accessories is inane.

Gentoo
10-23-09, 23:45
Love the ACOG on a detachable carry handle :rolleyes: