PDA

View Full Version : Which barrel washer is the current standard?

G19A3
10-18-09, 17:57
I need to order a few washers. Which barrel washer is the current standard? Crush Washer or peel washer? Other options?

I currently have peel washers on my weapons, but they are silver-colored and would prefer the black-colored crush washers. I also prefer not to mess with peeling washers as you can "overpeel". What say you guys?

Quib
10-18-09, 18:23
Crush is the standard.

NSN 5310-01-475-9652 WASHER, RECESSED

Robb Jensen
10-18-09, 20:34
Crush is standard, peel is better and more accurate and actually needed if using the sound most suppressors which mount on 22mm flash hiders.

GNXII
10-18-09, 21:49
Crush is standard, peel is better and more accurate and actually needed if using the sound most suppressors which mount on 22mm flash hiders.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mean by " more accurate"?? :confused:

khc3
10-18-09, 23:10
Crush washers can "crush" slightly off axis of the bore, which can lead to the possibility alignment problems (baffle strikes) if using a suppressor.

Most suppressor manufacturers advise to use peel washers when installing any muzzle device intended to be used as a suppressor mount.

Robb Jensen
10-19-09, 05:32
Crush washers can "crush" slightly off axis of the bore, which can lead to the possibility alignment problems (baffle strikes) if using a suppressor.

Most suppressor manufacturers advise to use peel washers when installing any muzzle device intended to be used as a suppressor mount.

Exactly. With peel washers it's also easier to get whatever torque value you want to reach, I prefer 15-20ft lbs and if it's near 15ft lbs I apply a tiny bit of Rocksett.

Quib
10-19-09, 05:51
I also prefer not to mess with peeling washers as you can "overpeel". What say you guys?

Actually, when installing a Flash Hider, you can save and reuse the extra laminations from your Peel Washers.

From the -23&P:

Thin sections of the peel washer may be removed or added as required. Save unused sections. Pg. 3-44 Chg. 4

NOTE: The peel washer may be heated to remove thin sections. Always place thin section to rear. Pg. 3-44 Chg. 4

So, if you found you peeled too much, simply place the thinner laminations to the rear of the barrel, and the thicker sections up front directly under the Flash Hider.

I save all my unused laminations along with my new Peel Washers, in a container in my spare parts box.

762minigun
10-23-09, 01:55
Anyone know who has peel washers in stock? All I seem to find is the crush washers. TIA

Quib
10-23-09, 05:18
Anyone know who has peel washers in stock? All I seem to find is the crush washers. TIA

Try Brownells.

Eric
10-23-09, 06:50
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=peel+wa/t=P/ksubmit=y/Products/All/search=peel_wa
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=654454&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=649
http://www.del-ton.com/Peel_Washer_p/bp1043.htm