PDA

View Full Version : Which camo pattern is this

rjacobs
10-18-09, 21:15
Which Camo pattern is this from this pic from the Remington ACR media pics?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ACR2b.jpg

LOKNLOD
10-18-09, 21:18
Which Camo pattern is this from this pic from the Remington ACR media pics?

That's Crye Multicam.

rjacobs
10-18-09, 21:21
Damn, quick answer. Thanks. Now to find some that pants that aren't 179 bucks(not that they aren't worth that).

Saginaw79
10-18-09, 21:23
Theres a sight, its BDU.com IIRC

They have them for 30+ per piece as I recall

rjacobs
10-18-09, 21:26
Theres a sight, its BDU.com IIRC

They have them for 30+ per piece as I recall

Whats the quality like? Im not against paying for good quality, I just dont necessarily need the knee pads and what not thats built into the Crye pants. Just a basic BDU style is fine with me, but I do want good quality.

Saginaw79
10-18-09, 21:32
Whats the quality like? Im not against paying for good quality, I just dont necessarily need the knee pads and what not thats built into the Crye pants. Just a basic BDU style is fine with me, but I do want good quality.

They run from old style BDUs in the new color, to the ACU style etc

rjacobs
10-18-09, 21:36
They run from old style BDUs in the new color, to the ACU style etc

Ok, that covers the style's. What about quality such as fabric, stitching, velcro, etc...

Saginaw79
10-18-09, 21:41
Ok, that covers the style's. What about quality such as fabric, stitching, velcro, etc...

I apologize, all the stuff I have bought over time have been all military quality from what i can tell unless its from their budget line or whatever they call it

I cant quote spec numbers etc but it was good stuff , held up as good as anything Id ever been issued

Ak44
10-18-09, 21:53
My CP trousers are much lighter in shade than the picture above.

rjacobs
10-18-09, 22:12
I apologize, all the stuff I have bought over time have been all military quality from what i can tell unless its from their budget line or whatever they call it

I cant quote spec numbers etc but it was good stuff , held up as good as anything Id ever been issued

Im not looking for spec numbers, dont care. I just dont want the shit to fall apart the first time I wash it, ya know.

Their stuff looks good. Gonna order a pair this week or next and check them out. Even if its not that great, cant hurt to try it for $40 bucks.

I am leaning to the ACU style, but is the BDU style better? I know it different in the pockets, but what else is different/better/worse about the actual cut of the pants?

I think that whole pic is darker than it should be, at least judging from other pics of the ACR I have seen.

Outlander Systems
10-18-09, 22:27

The image has been Photoshopped. The Contrast and Colour Balance have been messed with.

Ak44
10-18-09, 22:31
To give it a much more hot desert vibe to it huh? :D

edmorseiii
10-19-09, 11:59
Off topic question, What is that shotgun holder he has?

Ak44
10-19-09, 17:31
Indeed it is a Blade-tech holster made for the MCS
http://www.arcimboldeb.com/img/eventi/armi5/9.jpg

Here's a link with more pics...
MCS Holster (http://autoweapons.com/photos08/oct/mscholster.html)

militarymoron
10-19-09, 18:00
i believe the shotgun holster is made by blade-tech for the remington MCS contract.

JohnVassilakos
10-30-09, 01:30
i believe the shotgun holster is made by blade-tech for the remington MCS contract.

Does Remington still make the MCS? I remember seeing one on GB.com that went for around $2K a couple years back but I haven't seen any in a while. I'd like to have one purely for the versatility of being able to configure it several different ways.

militarymoron
10-30-09, 09:54
Does Remington still make the ACS? I remember seeing one on GB.com that went for around $2K a couple years back but I haven't seen any in a while. I'd like to have one purely for the versatility of being able to configure it several different ways.

you mean MCS? it's still on their website, so i'd assume so:
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm