PDA

View Full Version : Noveske SPR w/RIFLE length gas

AEROX711
10-19-09, 15:21
I have been searching around online and I have read vague sites that talk about a 18" Stainless Noveske barrel using a rifle length gas system and switch block. Can this be had? I have done a good amount of searching and cannot find a place to purchase. Thanks for the help.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 15:36
go straight from the source- they'll make you one with rifle gas for a small extra fee.

Failure2Stop
10-19-09, 15:42
I'm not sure if you care or not, but I have a Noveske SPR 18" with the intermediate gas system and it is my favorite rifle.
Amazingly accurate and stable, a shooter's shooter.

There are a few specific applications/circumstances that I would choose something else over it, and none of them are related to gas system.

Not sayin' anything, just sayin'.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 15:57
according to the math, the "intermediate" gas that the SPR comes standard with is really the best balance. i almost had them give me rifle gas as well with mine, for two reasons.. one being the smoother cycling. in the end, i opted to stick with the science. its my softest shooting AR even still. the longer barrel and heavier shit you put on it, if nothing else, weighs the weapon down enough to make up for the tiny bit of added jolt.

AEROX711
10-19-09, 16:11
Thank you for the information gentlemen.

mechelaar
10-19-09, 16:46
Last I talked to Noveske, the only rifle length SPR barrels they make are for Wes over at MSTN.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 16:58
Last I talked to Noveske....

important missing information

mechelaar
10-19-09, 17:00
important missing information

My bad. Three or four weeks ago.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 17:14
My bad. Three or four weeks ago.

you asked specifically if they would make you one? there's a difference between what they "have" and what they will do, custom, for an extra fee. not berating you, just getting info.

noveske was great about custom work, then they stopped taking basically ALL orders, especially custom orders, during the craziness, but said they'd start taking custom orders again once the panic subsided. it's been since march since i talked to them, but the panic is definately over.

mechelaar
10-19-09, 17:30
you asked specifically if they would make you one? there's a difference between what they "have" and what they will do, custom, for an extra fee. not berating you, just getting info.

noveske was great about custom work, then they stopped taking basically ALL orders, especially custom orders, during the craziness, but said they'd start taking custom orders again once the panic subsided. it's been since march since i talked to them, but the panic is definately over.

I asked Sheri about the rifle length SPR barrels while ordering a fairly custom SBR. She stated that they made some for MSTN and that she could put me in contact with them. Although I never asked specifically if they could make me one, she implied that the only way to get one was through MSTN. I assumed they are a dealer exclusive since Noveske would make more profit selling to me directly than through another dealer (who bought the product at dealer prices).

I also wanted to mention that Sheri worked with me through every step of the way with my rifle order. I am aware of the fact that I am extremely picky and an enormous pain in the ass of a customer. She could not have treated me better. I've purchased a number of rifles/parts from a number of manufacturers, but Noveske customer service and attention blows them ALL out of the water. For me, the quality of customer service alone was well worth the premium paid (and I'm a cheap bastard). I'm still waiting on the paperwork, so I don't have the rifle in hand yet, but I'm sure any issues that may come up will be dealt with equally well.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 17:37
every experience i've had with noveske has been A-grade.

Sheri's used to dealing with the absolute worst AR-15 enthusiests on the planet- she can take some pretty awful shitheads with a telephone smile.

good people, good guns. too expensive. ;)