PDA

View Full Version : The winner got an AK-47!

Joe Mamma
10-19-09, 15:39
This is almost funny:

Al Shabaab Awards AK-47 to Winner of Koran Reciting Competition

Monday, October 19, 2009

The winner of a Koran recital contest and general knowledge competition organized by Islamist militant group al Shabaab in Somalia was rewarded with an AK-47, two hand grenades, an anti-tank mine, and a computer.

The month-long competition — which was won by a 17-year-old — was held in Southern Somalia and hosted by the rebel group with ties to Al Qaeda.

The runner-up in the contest was a 22-year-old, who received a prize of an AK-47 and ammunition. The contest, planned for 10-25 years olds, was capped off at a ceremony where rebel leaders urged parents to allow their children to learn how to handle weapons so that they may fight against the enemy, Reuters reported.

The extremist group al Shabaab, an ally of Al Qaeda, controls most of Southern and Central Somalia. The group is now engaged in a conflict against the U.N.-backed government of President Sheikh Sharif Ahmed.

Link to the story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568527,00.html?test=latestnews

Joe Mamma

sadmin
10-19-09, 15:44
:eek: geez... i cant believe he got a computer!

SteyrAUG
10-19-09, 15:49
Just waiting for them to be allowed to immigrate to the US.

:mad:

Zhurdan
10-19-09, 15:57
Now all he needs is a cell phone and a vest.

bkb0000
10-19-09, 16:55
true blessings from allah if there ever was. allah ackbah.

heijutsu
10-19-09, 20:56
What no iPhone? What a jip, stupid Koran reciting contest.

heijutsu
10-19-09, 20:57
I guess they were out of flying lessons.

John_Wayne777
10-19-09, 21:24
I've memorized a lot of Bible verses, but nobody ever gave me any weapons as a reward.

I'm feeling kinda gyped.

sadmin
10-19-09, 23:23
I've memorized a lot of Bible verses, but nobody ever gave me any weapons as a reward.

I'm feeling kinda gyped.

You have a BAR awaiting you in Heaven my friend...

Honu
10-20-09, 01:11
but they are peaceful people !! they are innocent children they mean well they just had a rough upbringing !!!

we should make sure we send him some ammo for the AK !!! help the poor children out with their religion !!!

this is almost to funny has to be a hoax ? but then again I believe it :)

to the lefties you should take note to these lovely peaceful people and what they give the kids !!! maybe since you want to be like them we can start giving out guns in our schools to the smart kids who excel :)

SilentBob
10-20-09, 06:36
All I got at 17 was a job, a windsurfer (that I paid for with the job), and a stinky pinky from Mary Jane Rotten Crotch!!!!

Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and the New Jersey Department of Education gives this "indoctrination" two thumbs up and a snap!!!!

Know Your Enemy!

The_War_Wagon
10-20-09, 07:36
Wow... and at the end of Lutheran catechism, all they get is a personalized hymnal, a cross from Thrivent to hang on their wall, and the Lord's Supper. :(

No WONDER the religion of 'peace' is growing by leaps & bounds! :rolleyes:

Spiffums
10-20-09, 09:50

I'm feeling kinda gyped.

All I got were those little pins to wear on my little suit coat................... Me and JW are filing law suits who else wants in.:D

Spiffums
10-20-09, 09:52
Wow... and at the end of Lutheran catechism, all they get is a personalized hymnal, a cross from Thrivent to hang on their wall, and the Lord's Supper. :(

No WONDER the religion of 'peace' is growing by leaps & bounds! :rolleyes:

Baptists and AR15s......... Know where your tithing is going.

Herkemer
10-20-09, 11:11
Reciting the Korean, I'm all over that,

저 맥주와 성교를 주십시오

And get hot on the 맥주. It's been a long day.

Where's my rifle and land mines?

Lumpy196
10-20-09, 11:53
Just waiting for them to be allowed to immigrate to the US.

:mad:

Half his family is already here.

civilian
10-20-09, 14:26
Well if the local church gave out AR's, I'd be there every Sunday. Car dealerships are also giving away AK's in some states. Obviously we know the message behind this particular exercise, but I'm not too worried about the obvious cases of extremist organizations (particularly ones identified by the USG as being extremist) using clever ways to arm their recruits. I'm willing to bet there are a few non-Muslim organizations that are probably doing something similar.