PDA

View Full Version : Worn out barrel?

Caeser25
10-19-09, 17:23
My XD is starting to throw rounds. Could the barrel be worn out or could it be bad ammo? I was shooting at steel poopers yesterday at 7 yards, about the average height of the human head for someone that's 5 feet tall. I had an older mixed box of 50, WWB and Rem UMC, both 180 gr. I had quite a few fliers. I'm gonna try a few different brands later this week and retry some carry ammo I have as well. It has atleast 10k rounds. When I first got it about 5 years ago I was able to consistently hit the 1/2" diameter pole that held up the manniquins we used to be able to get, I could 3, 4, 5, in a row atabout the same distance and now I have consistant fliers at 7 yards. Should this happen after 10k rounds? Like I said I will try other ammo later this week. Any other ideas besides the Indian and not the arrow:o or in this case teh bow..

Detmongo
10-19-09, 17:38
caesar
take the barrel out of the weapon and look thru it from the breech end . you will see were the chamber ends and the rifling starts , if the barrel is shot out you will see the rifling missing or heavily worn in that area. it should not be shot out at 10,000 rds. that seems alittle low of a round count but anything is possible. it's not really how many rounds you shoot but how you shoot them ie. do you dump 500 rds thru the gun in 45 mins. shooting the gun till its hot enough to brand someone is not a good thing.