PDA

View Full Version : Alert for Mountain Bikers

M4Fundi
10-20-09, 01:48
For those interested there is going to be a National showing of the documentary about this year's Leadville 100 race at theaters nationwide this Thursday and ONLY this Thursday. You will have to check your local theaters to see who is showing it. It is called

RACE AGAINST THE SKY
here is the trailor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUol4meP9H4&feature=player_embedded

Here is also a clip of a documentary on this year's 24 HOURS OF MOAB (which my wife's team came in 5th in 5 Person Co-Ed:D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NLPP9eO0pE

M4arc
10-20-09, 05:57
Thanks for the reminder!

Heck, even if you're not a mountain biker I think you'd enjoy watching this. The Leadville 100 is amazing.

kmrtnsn
10-20-09, 09:15
Made my first visit to Leadville this Summer, saw the preview for this in the theatre last weekend, looking forward to seeing it.

ZGXtreme
10-20-09, 17:01
Many thanks for the heads up. I had not heard a thing about it but will be there on Thursday.

LiveStrong

frbowers
10-21-09, 18:26
It would be quite an accomplishment to earn a belt buckle at Leadville let alone win it the way Lance did this year!

M4Fundi
10-22-09, 00:02
My wife has just missed the buckle a couple of times and I'm hoping she gets it next year so I don't have to hear about it anymore:rolleyes:

frbowers
10-22-09, 00:21
My wife has just missed the buckle a couple of times and I'm hoping she gets it next year so I don't have to hear about it anymore:rolleyes:

She must be a pretty solid rider and I hope she does get that buckle! Colorado has some great riding and I hope to get down there again soon.

Forrest

M4Fundi
10-22-09, 03:57
I rarely ride with her anymore... b/c I spend most of the time bleeding or cussing or both:p

She loves the really technical crap and she nearly kills me all the time. Last year at MOAB after Slickrock I spent over an hour in the medic tent with 6 paramedics trying to get all the cactus needles out of my shoulder and back. When I wrecked my skin was stretched... cactus spines went in deep muscle and most broke off and then the skin stretched back over them and the paramedics were trying to stretch my skin to match the holes with the lumps under the skin to extract them:eek: Anyhoo, I can't keep up with her:(

Just noticed the moose, well done! I had my dogs pointing moose in Saskatchewan the other day. The photo is pretty bizarre to see a GSP pointing a moose on rolling yellow plains. Have you seen the photos of the twin albino moose in Michigan? Amazingly beautiful!

M4arc
10-22-09, 06:06
With temps in the 70s here I'm going to skip the show and go night riding instead. I'll catch it on DVD.

SingleStacker45
10-22-09, 07:51
always nice when you find bike riders in unsuspecting places. I met two at the last three gun match I went to. go figure.

Mule

ZGXtreme
10-22-09, 21:16
Just got home from the theater. Nice flick and excellent production given the very short timeframe. Definitely takes some guts to conquer that challenge!

M4arc
10-22-09, 21:56
I'll have to catch it on DVD. I had a fantastic night ride with temps in the high 60's and clear skys. I enjoyed a Blue Moon with friends in the parking lot afterwards. Ah...mountain biking kicks ass!

M4Fundi
10-23-09, 02:30
I enjoyed the show. It was well done considering it was shot on low res cameras and done so quickly. I am pretty certain the show was created and funded by Lance... which is just good business for him and for mountain biking in general. I was surprised that there was very little footage of any really technical sections. It made the race appear more of an endurance fire road race, but I know that for legal/insurance reasons that many MTB races have pulled much of the more technical sections out of races for liability reasons and to draw more road racers to the sport which is kind of a bummer.:(

Good show tho, enjoyed it:)

ccoker
10-23-09, 14:33
cool, I have several riding buds that have got the buckle
never made it up there myself
won one 24hr race and I love technical trails
that race is a beast