PDA

View Full Version : Parts compatability lwrc?

mkbar80
10-20-09, 08:32
Curious as to which parts of lwrc (M6A3)are proprietary (bc/piston are understood)...and what parts would be compatable with say a 6940 or 6920?

Things such as firing pins, bolt, extractor, spring, buffer(how is this effected with short stroke system?), etc...the parts we keep extras off as general maintanence.

I'm interested in adding a piston AR, mainly for interest, but want to know what I'm getting into interms of maintaning it. I own a few Colts and a hobby gun passes through here now and then, but have never owned or even broken down a piston gun.

I'd welcome any comments on this as well...

GlockWRX
10-20-09, 08:54
The bolt and firing pin are the same. The entire lower, including the buffer and spring are the same (although I don't know what buffer weights are optimum; I haven't looked at the one in my M6A2). The bolt carrier is different. The barrels and rails are different.

Hope that helps.

Miale
10-20-09, 15:52
The bolt and firing pin are the same. The entire lower, including the buffer and spring are the same (although I don't know what buffer weights are optimum; I haven't looked at the one in my M6A2). The bolt carrier is different. The barrels and rails are different.

Hope that helps.

upper receiver has a bushing in it but the port door, f/a and charging handle are mil-spec.

mkbar80
10-20-09, 18:25
Safe to assume an H buffer will fit?