PDA

View Full Version : Glock.40 to the foot?

ryanm
10-20-09, 14:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Is this for real??

whiterabbit05
10-20-09, 15:02
Yup, that's for real. Unfortunately.

Amazing how calm he remained after getting shot.

John_Wayne777
10-20-09, 15:11
It's real, and he sued.

parishioner
10-20-09, 15:21
he sued.

Come again...

ToddG
10-20-09, 15:27
It's real, and he sued.

Yep...

Business_Casual
10-20-09, 15:27
Hey, that was posted in 2006. I wonder if anyone has seen that before.

M_P

decodeddiesel
10-20-09, 15:30
Wait a minute, who did he sue? Glock, or his department/agancy, or the school, or what?

Zhurdan
10-20-09, 15:33
He even went on TV to stop the madness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvtWVSbEYA&feature=related) after he sued.

parishioner
10-20-09, 15:51
So he sued because his fellow DEA agents leaked the tape and affected his reputation not because he shot himself?

ToddG
10-20-09, 16:11
So he sued because his fellow DEA agents leaked the tape and affected his reputation not because he shot himself?

Yes. The argument was that he would never be able to work undercover now that his face had been all over the internet identified as a DEA agent.

rickrock305
10-20-09, 16:13
classic youtube hilarity. "i'm the only one in this room qualified..."

Joe Mamma
10-20-09, 16:42
Yes. The argument was that he would never be able to work undercover now that his face had been all over the internet identified as a DEA agent.

In my opinion, that's actually not a bad argument.

Joe Mamma

Irish
10-20-09, 17:00
Hey, that was posted in 2006. I wonder if anyone has seen that before.

M_P

Hmm... :D

ryanm
10-20-09, 17:07
I figured it was old material, but I thought it was so ridiculous that I thought I'd verify. The extra dumb part of this was that he had to have his finger on the trigger when he did this and it never should have been close given even basic adherence to firearm safety rules.

DacoRoman
10-20-09, 20:51
I think if he just ditched the Milli Vanilli hair do and maybe eve grew some facial hair no one would be able to recognize him based on that grainy video, and he'd be able to work just fine, including under cover, but maybe I'm wrong.

At least he isn't suing Glock that they've made an "unsafe" weapon when he clearly should have noticed that he is releasing the slide with a loaded mag in the gun, and then to add insult to an upcoming injury he pulls the trigger while his muzzle was covering something he didn't want destroyed.

Anyway, the guy seems like a good guy and I hope that he finds happier times.

John_Wayne777
10-20-09, 21:22
I figured it was old material, but I thought it was so ridiculous that I thought I'd verify. The extra dumb part of this was that he had to have his finger on the trigger when he did this and it never should have been close given even basic adherence to firearm safety rules.

It appeared to me that he was trying to disassemble the Glock to do a show-n-tell...only he forgot to drop the magazine.

dsmguy7
10-21-09, 04:18

QuietShootr
10-21-09, 06:40
Old, and I'll say the same thing I said back then: That was an idiot showing off for a group of his peers, and karma struck immediately instead of waiting.

"Fiddy Cent, Too Short, they all talk about de Glock Fotay. I bees the only one in this room that I know of pufessshunul enuf to handle a Glock fotayBANG"

:rolleyes:

Shane1
10-21-09, 09:17
He was speaking at a school. He locked the Glock back to show everyone it was unloaded and then released the slide..with a loaded magazine still in the weapon. The funniest bit of this stupidity is when he asks another Agent there to hand him the M4 so he could show everyone it. The agent wisely said no.

BiggLee71
10-21-09, 09:21
Wait a minute, who did he sue? Glock, or his department/agancy, or the school, or what?

He sued himself for being a complete idiot of course!! Actually,the lawsuit had something to do with the video and how said video ruined his reputation,made him the object of ridicule etc.Yes ladies and gents,a video did all that,not shooting hissef in da foot with a Glock .40:rolleyes:.
As for him staying calm afterwards,I was a little surprised myself.I just chalked it up to him being too stupid to realize the damage he had just inflicted on himself!

TY44934
10-21-09, 11:05
Anyway, the guy seems like a good guy and I hope that he finds happier times.

Why would you believe he "seems like a good guy" ??!?!

Do you pay taxes? Agent idiot thinks YOU should pay him your tax dollars because one of his fellow agents shared the video. He sues so that YOUR money goes in to his pocket - does that seem like something a "good guy" would do? I personally believe that guy is not only an idiot who ignored his firearms training, but also an unpatriotic idiot who has an unbelievable amount of gaul to file suit in this instance.

Here is more of the story behind his suit.

http://lashawnbarber.com/archives/2006/04/11/dea-agent-shoots-self/