PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Form 4's?

civilian
10-20-09, 15:06
Question has probably been asked in the past (hell, possibly even by me...), but anyone experience any issues with submitting multiple form 4's at the same time? I'm going the trust route and just noticed today that I've managed to compile about 7 sbr uppers that I need to submit forms for. Thought I'd just mail them all out now (separate envelopes/checks) and settle in for the long wait. Thoughts?

Breadman
10-21-09, 05:01
I sent two form 4s in at once in February,(sep. checks and envelopes). I got the approvals in August and they sent them both to me in the same envelope. I don't think you will have a problem.

Robb Jensen
10-21-09, 05:13
Question has probably been asked in the past (hell, possibly even by me...), but anyone experience any issues with submitting multiple form 4's at the same time? I'm going the trust route and just noticed today that I've managed to compile about 7 sbr uppers that I need to submit forms for. Thought I'd just mail them all out now (separate envelopes/checks) and settle in for the long wait. Thoughts?

I've done two at once and it didn't take any longer than one at a time. Since the same examiner is going to review all the same one from a single person/trust/corp etc I'd mail them all together in the same envelope with one Cert. of Compliance each separated by a paper clip and then just include one copy of the trust. The same

civilian
10-21-09, 09:46
Thanks fellas. Robb, I'm going to try and stop by the store this weekend and run my paperwork by you to see if it looks good to go. Tired of having all these uppers laying around and not being able to do anything with them!

Ak44
10-21-09, 09:50
I believe if you have say two items coming from two different people (ie One from a Dealer and one from an individual) you would need to send it in two different envelopes with two different sets of cards because they would be going to two different examiners. I know for my AOW and SBR (both of which were being transferred from my Dealer to myself) were sent in on one set of fingerprint cards, in one envelope, and with one check for $400.

zushwa
10-21-09, 10:04
I just sent in 5, different envelopes, paperwork, and checks. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Robb Jensen
10-21-09, 14:36
Thanks fellas. Robb, I'm going to try and stop by the store this weekend and run my paperwork by you to see if it looks good to go. Tired of having all these uppers laying around and not being able to do anything with them!

I have Bankers hrs now. Well almost, I'm in Mon-Fri 10am-7pm now.

Darkop
10-23-09, 12:54

I just sent in 2 form 4's W/two checks & two sets of cards, same envelope. Back in 6 weeks! I think their getting caught up!!

Until that day,
Darkop

civilian
10-24-09, 12:02
I'd be pretty damned happy if I got this stuff back in 6 weeks! Got my 7 forms reworked and ready to go thanks to Robb - now to settle in for the wait...

edwin907
10-24-09, 17:33
Twice, using my trust, I have sent 2 forms in one envelope and had zero problems.
Onece was for 2 suppressors, and once was for 2 SBRs.

I hope you are right about them getting caught up.
Got a couple of things planned.

zushwa
10-28-09, 10:46
Update:

All 5 checks cleared today.

civilian
10-28-09, 10:52
Good deal. Following Robb's instructions, I basically made 7 individual packets consisting of two copies of the Form 1, a cert of compliance and a check for $200. I separated each packet with a paper clip, placed them all in one envelope along with one copy of my full Trust document and dropped it off at the post office. Heading out of the country on a short trip, but I'm hoping the checks will have been cashed by the time I get back. Hoping even more that mine come back in the circa 6 weeks or less time frame!

zushwa
10-29-09, 08:54
Hoping even more that mine come back in the circa 6 weeks or less time frame!

Yeah.....I'm really trying to mentally prepare myself for the long wait, but 6 weeks would be ****ing outstanding.

civilian
11-09-09, 19:09
Hit my first snag in the process. Mailed my package off last week, got the entire thing back today with an error letter advising that my 7 checks should have been made out to BATFE and not US Department of Treasury. At least they got to it quickly!

khc3
11-09-09, 22:08
I'm pretty sure Form 4's go to a mail drop in ATL where the envelopes are opened, the checks removed, and the paperwork forwarded to WV, so I don't see any problem with sending them all in one envelope.

Examiners are usually assigned to forms based on the Transferor's last name, so if the items are being transferred from different places, it is probably a good idea to have separate supporting docs for each form.

This might be a good idea anyway, since I have read that due to the workload the past couple of years, other examiners sometimes step in to handle forms when another examiner is swamped.

GackMan
11-09-09, 22:12
I had two form 1s and a form 4 all in at the same time. The 4 was done in a matter of weeks.

Zeus
11-11-09, 13:32
Hit my first snag in the process. Mailed my package off last week, got the entire thing back today with an error letter advising that my 7 checks should have been made out to BATFE and not US Department of Treasury. At least they got to it quickly!

Whoa! We are supposed to make the checks out to the BATFE now and NOT the Department of the Justice? My form 1 (rev 09/30/2010) specifically states to make it payable to: "Department of the Justice".

civilian
11-11-09, 21:52
I don't get it either brother. Hell, I work for the govt. and whenever I've had to make a payment to the .gov, it's always been to the Dept. of Treasury. In any event, the letter they sent back to me specifically says to the checks should be made out to BATFE.

Whoa! We are supposed to make the checks out to the BATFE now and NOT the Department of the Justice? My form 1 (rev 09/30/2010) specifically states to make it payable to: "Department of the Justice".

Zeus
11-12-09, 12:20
Called them this morning and was told that they are "suggesting" that "...everyone just put the initials "BATFE" on the checks." I was about to drop a form 1 packet in the mail and wrote another check just to ward off any undo delays.

civilian
11-13-09, 13:42
Nice - suggesting and returning my entire package with a note that says "checks are to be made payable to BATFE" are two completely different statements, but what can you do. Mailing it out again today...

Iraqgunz
11-13-09, 18:16
My checks have been made out to BATFE and never had any problems.

Robb Jensen
11-13-09, 21:42
Nice - suggesting and returning my entire package with a note that says "checks are to be made payable to BATFE" are two completely different statements, but what can you do. Mailing it out again today...

Well hopefully you'll get them quick bro...

Zeus
11-13-09, 23:56

What's really aggravating is talking to different people (there) at times net different answers... on an upside, I know of a few people who have had quick turn arounds lately.

Also know of one who's been "pending" for months, but might be some administrative drag there. Hear he's filed quite a few, and supposedly skirts the "edge" on the forms. Don't have an example, but can imagine.